Wrongly accused only to...

Aug 22, 2010
I resold something I purchased at an outlet. It wasn't some crazy expensive item just a slg under $100. After they get it they send me email requesting a refund because they have doubts about it's authenticity. At first I was insulted but then I decided to save myself the aggravation and said for them to just return it. I received it back and canceled the original transaction. So imagine my surprise when I see that same buyer list the same item (different color) for sale. So I guess you didn't really think it was fake huh? It just really annoys me that they insinuated I was selling a fake all because they probably found the same deal I did.

If you got your item back in it's original condition and they agreed to a cancellation so you got your fees back you are way ahead of the game. So many times these things end worse............much worse.

I am sorry your buyer was such a devious twit, but hopefully your next sale will go much better!

i'm slow, can someone explain this? like what the buyer did wrong? not arguing, just don't understand.

The buyer found the same bag that she had purchased from the OP, but for a lesser price. Since (I'm assuming) the OP doesn't accept returns on items sold on eBay, the buyer falsely claimed that the bag was fake in order to force a return.

Correct I don't accept returns (although saying you don't doesn't seem to matter)...I got my item back and resold it so I know that it could definitely could have been worse. It just really annoyed me that they accused me of selling a fake and wanted me to jump through hoops to prove otherwise. I take that accusation very personally. It's not as if they are some newbie to ebay. They have lots of feedback 1000+. If not for reading this forum and hearing about other peoples experiences I probably would have fought with them and lost my item and my money but I figured I should just squash it and get my item back. Like I said they were no newbie and probably know the system favors the buyers...I guess I'll just let karma take care of it.

I know it was kinda wrong but I couldn't stop myself...

I emailed the buyer now seller through the listing and said thanx for agreeing to the cancelation guess you didn't really doubt it's authenticity.

I didn't get a response I didn't expect one but I feel better because now they know that I know they're a snake in the grass.

say what needs to be said... not only are they a snake in the grass but a host
of other things as well.. say goodbye to this trash & what goes around comes
around... so what they did to you someone will do to them for a whole lot more..
that's karma...

Correct I don't accept returns (although saying you don't doesn't seem to matter)...I got my item back and resold it so I know that it could definitely could have been worse. It just really annoyed me that they accused me of selling a fake and wanted me to jump through hoops to prove otherwise. I take that accusation very personally. It's not as if they are some newbie to ebay. They have lots of feedback 1000+. If not for reading this forum and hearing about other peoples experiences I probably would have fought with them and lost my item and my money but I figured I should just squash it and get my item back. Like I said they were no newbie and probably know the system favors the buyers...I guess I'll just let karma take care of it.

The fact that they were so experienced makes it even worse in my view. Kudos to you for calling them out.

I know it was kinda wrong but I couldn't stop myself...

I emailed the buyer now seller through the listing and said thanx for agreeing to the cancelation guess you didn't really doubt it's authenticity.

I didn't get a response I didn't expect one but I feel better because now they know that I know they're a snake in the grass.
Well done!!! ;):biggrin: