Help! Marcie or Paraty?!

I have to say that I have both the satchel and the hobo and I really think that you can't go wrong with either! They are both so great -- I think the issue is settling on what gorgeous color you would like.

I have to say that I have both the satchel and the hobo and I really think that you can't go wrong with either! They are both so great -- I think the issue is settling on what gorgeous color you would like.

How is ease of use on the hobo? I think they both look fairly user friendly. :biggrin:

My husband is the same! He thinks $100 is too much to spend for a handbag! I sold many bags & saved up for my paraty. Then I charged the nut marcie & felt guilty & also happy that I did not love it, because I did not have the $ saved for it. I also save for my bags, so that was not smart! I put away money weekly for bags. So maybe by spring we will both have our skin marcies!

I love how you described it "hear angels sing"! I feel exactly the same way! I just love nice handbags! They make me so happy...I dream of them & take them out just to look at them every day. The smell of good leather, you can't beat it. I only have 5 bags in my collection, but all very loved & used.

I have a feeling if we lived near one another we would have lunch once a week. :P We have a lot in common! I did the same thing for my paraty - sold a lot of bags - then the rest of her cost is to be my Christmas present. I have to save and plan for a new gal. I would love to have a family of Chloe's, I can't believe how much I love them!

I also feel the same as you, the ones I've had, I've loved. But nothing like this one! Of course, she's the most expensive I've ever owned. Now all I have left is Paraty, A L.A.M.B Ikat (which I'll probably get rid of before Ikat goes out of style) and an old lamb skin quilted Juicy bowler bag. It's so soft. There's something about Juicy though that makes me feel silly carrying it the older I get. :shrugs: I'm excited to add to my collection. I don't think it'll ever reach the size of some lucky gals, but I'd be happy with three!!
Or four.

I would love to see your wine hobo! I heart hobo's.

Too funny about the charge! Sounds EXACTLY like something I would do. This week when I saw that Marcie Hobo (in tan!!) on sale the SA said someone else had it reserved, but if it came off she would let me know. Well, she called and I just couldn't do it. I wanted to SO BADLY. It still kind of haunts me I passed up the 30% off, but I know I did the right thing. *sigh*

How is ease of use on the hobo? I think they both look fairly user friendly. :biggrin:

I've had the hobo a lot longer and the satchel for less than 24 hours ;). I'm partial to the hobo since it's been broken in and I've used it consistently over the last few months. I did find that it was hard to keep both handles of the satchel on this morning over my winter coat, but it's probably because the handles aren't broken in yet. I would say that they are both very user friendly. I think the hobo might be better for casual, weekend wear (it doesn't hold as much as the medium satchel) and the satchel for work, travel, and school.

On a side note, I'm still trying to get over the fact that all the undergrads here (university in Washington, DC) carry designer bags. I even saw someone with a Hermes Birkin a few months back! When I was an undergrad, all I carried was a backpack. The nicest bag that I saw on campus was Longchamp (this is about 10 years ago). Even though I work full-time and to go grad school, I still feel conflicted when I use one of my nicer handbags on campus. The only reason I'm able to afford both Marcies is because I also TA and I decided to save the money to treat myself. I usually carry my backpack for heavy days or a Longchamp on lighter days. I'm guess I'm old-school in that way.

I've had the hobo a lot longer and the satchel for less than 24 hours ;). I'm partial to the hobo since it's been broken in and I've used it consistently over the last few months. I did find that it was hard to keep both handles of the satchel on this morning over my winter coat, but it's probably because the handles aren't broken in yet. I would say that they are both very user friendly. I think the hobo might be better for casual, weekend wear (it doesn't hold as much as the medium satchel) and the satchel for work, travel, and school.

On a side note, I'm still trying to get over the fact that all the undergrads here (university in Washington, DC) carry designer bags. I even saw someone with a Hermes Birkin a few months back! When I was an undergrad, all I carried was a backpack. The nicest bag that I saw on campus was Longchamp (this is about 10 years ago). Even though I work full-time and to go grad school, I still feel conflicted when I use one of my nicer handbags on campus. The only reason I'm able to afford both Marcies is because I also TA and I decided to save the money to treat myself. I usually carry my backpack for heavy days or a Longchamp on lighter days. I'm guess I'm old-school in that way.

Shut the front door. An Hermes?! Yowza.

And Holy Cow, woman, you work full time AND go to grad school? You DESERVE those bags!

My sister lives in D.C.! She lives in Alexandria. Love it there, GREAT city.

I have a feeling if we lived near one another we would have lunch once a week. :P We have a lot in common! I did the same thing for my paraty - sold a lot of bags - then the rest of her cost is to be my Christmas present. I have to save and plan for a new gal. I would love to have a family of Chloe's, I can't believe how much I love them!

I also feel the same as you, the ones I've had, I've loved. But nothing like this one! Of course, she's the most expensive I've ever owned. Now all I have left is Paraty, A L.A.M.B Ikat (which I'll probably get rid of before Ikat goes out of style) and an old lamb skin quilted Juicy bowler bag. It's so soft. There's something about Juicy though that makes me feel silly carrying it the older I get. :shrugs: I'm excited to add to my collection. I don't think it'll ever reach the size of some lucky gals, but I'd be happy with three!!
Or four.

I would love to see your wine hobo! I heart hobo's.

Too funny about the charge! Sounds EXACTLY like something I would do. This week when I saw that Marcie Hobo (in tan!!) on sale the SA said someone else had it reserved, but if it came off she would let me know. Well, she called and I just couldn't do it. I wanted to SO BADLY. It still kind of haunts me I passed up the 30% off, but I know I did the right thing. *sigh*

We do have a lot in common! :smile: You have great self control! That is a great deal on the Marcie hobo. The good thing is that there will be more Marcies & there will be more sales too. So if we save up, we could have enough to buy our Marcies next year!

I have posted pictures of my wine Nikki hobo in the Rebecca Minkoff thread. It is in one of the photo threads, either "pictures of your Nikki" or "what handbag did you wear today". I don't remember which one exactly. Pictures do not do that bag justice. The color is a deep saturated wine that is just perfect for this time of year. The leather is extremely durable & smells so nice! I bought it used off Bonanza for a very good price. It looked like it was never worn too. I like RM's older bags the best, because I think the leather is much better. I bought a few new ones (& returned them) - they had a chemical smell to them which bothers me because it makes me think the leather is cheap.

I used to have 7 Rebecca Minkoff bags - way way out of control & since then I have learned the beauty of quality over quantity. Like I said before, I would rather have a few good bags that I love & use than a bunch that never come out. My complete collection is: tan Chloe paraty, wine Nikki hobo, verdes (light sage green) Morning After Mini (RM) - from online sale, small Coach Lindsay satchel in black (really nice leather on this bag!), Cole Haan Village lunch tote in beige & the Coach Bridle bag in espresso that I won at a fundraiser. 6 bags that I rotate. I am done buying bags for now!

Love the paraty the best!

beauty24x7 said:
What r the dimension of your Marcie skin? I see that it's available on saks but in a small 10"W X 11"H X 2½"D.

Dimensions are 14" x 11" x 5" which is medium I believe. I also saw that on the saks website it's listed as smaller. I'm not sure if this represents a typo. I was in saks again the other day (Boston-prud center) and they still had 1 more medium skin available. I've not actually seen a true "small" Marcie other than the cross body. A lot of department store websites call the medium w strap "small" because it's I've heard it's ever so slightly smaller than medium without strap. But it's not small at all IMO.

Dimensions are 14" x 11" x 5" which is medium I believe. I also saw that on the saks website it's listed as smaller. I'm not sure if this represents a typo. I was in saks again the other day (Boston-prud center) and they still had 1 more medium skin available. I've not actually seen a true "small" Marcie other than the cross body. A lot of department store websites call the medium w strap "small" because it's I've heard it's ever so slightly smaller than medium without strap. But it's not small at all IMO.
I'm going to take the chance and order it. Hopefully it's just a typo!

I'm going to take the chance and order it. Hopefully it's just a typo!

I saw it online today early this morning, and then poof it was sold out! Hope it was your order!! I do think it was a typo, it looks just like mine on their website. I hope you enjoy your bag!

For anyone else looking for a marcie, I noticed that ****** has a medium marcie in Coral. I saw this bag IRL and its gorgeous. Its a few shades darker than skin (tanned skin :P). I highly recommend it for anyone who loves the skin color but is nervous about a lighter colored bag. And its a great price too.

I saw it online today early this morning, and then poof it was sold out! Hope it was your order!! I do think it was a typo, it looks just like mine on their website. I hope you enjoy your bag!

For anyone else looking for a marcie, I noticed that ****** has a medium marcie in Coral. I saw this bag IRL and its gorgeous. Its a few shades darker than skin (tanned skin :P). I highly recommend it for anyone who loves the skin color but is nervous about a lighter colored bag. And its a great price too.
I still see it available online! I really wanted the paraty but didn't see any that I liked. Just got shipping confirmation today!! I'm so excited! Can't wait to see the color. I just hope it's not too pink.