have dark jeans overtaken faded ones?

sdkitty

O.G.
Jan 16, 2006
All the fashion advice shows like What Not to Wear seem to feature dark jeans as more flattering. I just bought a pair of dark wash Paige jeans and I like them so much I'm considering purchasing the same style in a lighter wash.
Do you still like both dark and faded jeans?

I love all shades of jeans, and I own an obscene number of pairs to prove it! :graucho: Dark washes are more universally flattering, but I like lighter and distressed pairs for the warmer months, and strategic fading can be just as flattering as a dark pair.
Out of curiosity, which Paige jeans did you just buy? They're one of my favorite brands. ;)

I think darker rinses have been "in" for a while now. I like very few lighter shades personally.
I'd guess I have about 30 pairs of jeans, all are dark except maybe 4-5.

I love all shades of jeans, and I own an obscene number of pairs to prove it! :graucho: Dark washes are more universally flattering, but I like lighter and distressed pairs for the warmer months, and strategic fading can be just as flattering as a dark pair.
Out of curiosity, which Paige jeans did you just buy? They're one of my favorite brands. ;)

mine are Hidden Hills boot cut

^I love Hidden Hills! They're one of the very few Paige cuts that actually fit my curvy build. As for washes, I have everything from super-indigo-dark to fairly light (though I won't go as far as the almost-white, like 7FAM's Rio or Ibiza washes)....what I prefer depends on the occasion and season. If you like light jeans, go for them!

I think you can still wear faded jeans. Personally I prefer dark jeans, I think they are more flattering and you can dress them up more especially the very dark washes that look almost like pants. But I still like some faded jeans, depends on the shade really.

I agree with Swanky Mama that dark jean colors have been "in" for a long while. I don't think acid wash and lighter jeans have been the style for many years. That said, I always say wear what you want if it makes you feel good :smile:

Like much of fashion, it also depends upon where you live. In warmer climates, even in Spring and Fall, dark jeans can feel too hot or look too heavy/out of place during the day.

Some colors do go in and out of style and dark is universally flattering. I do think it is the most recommended on the makeover shows (How Do I Look, What Not to Wear). Otherwise, I think everything else is personal preferences.

I agree with the other posters on here that dark jeans have been "in" for a while. But lighter jeans sell too. That said, it really depends on your preference. I've seen people wear both light and dark jeans, but dark jeans are just more universally flattering.

Since I live in New York, people mostly wear dark jeans. In the summer, I see a lot more lighter washes. Personally, I prefer dark jeans no matter what time of year it is or where I am.

“Before you diagnose yourself with depression or low self esteem, first make sure that you are not, in fact, just surrounding yourself with a**holes.” ~William Gibson

:lolots:

Jennifer, that's great !

(Sorry for OT)