Seller does not accept questions...WHY??

anasanfran

Autism Speaks!
O.G.
Jul 10, 2010
:rant: Grrrrrrrr...why do some sellers not accept questions, especially if they're selling a high priced item? That is so bad pr. I have a question on a bag that has a starting bid of 800 and before I shell out that kind of money I should be able to get a simple question answered, wouldn't you think? A department store wouldn't expect you to pay hundreds of dollars without being able to ask a question and IMO eBay sellers selling high priced items should honor this also. I understand there will most definitely be a few annoying buyers asking annoying questions but doesn't that go with the territory of selling anything? I have researched this item vigorously for a couple of hours now to make sure I wanted to bid. Now I just have one remaining question and when I contacted the seller it's like a big gong went off. NOT! You may not ask your question, so sorry. Now I'm not going to bid because I don't feel like taking a shot in the dark regarding my concern. Very annoying and a HUGE waste of time!!! :cursing:

I totally understand and completely agree with you, but I must say some buyers do ask "annoying" questions (mainly things that are already in the listing, asking for lower prices than the starting bid, asking to ship internationally while specified seller doesn't, and the most dazzling one I've ever had (;)) "I believe this item to be fake but would be willing to buy for 10% of your asking price" :nuts: (yes, it happened!!))
So basically, I can see why, in some cases, sellers just "refuse" to take questions.

:rant: Grrrrrrrr...why do some sellers not accept questions, especially if they're selling a high priced item? That is so bad pr. I have a question on a bag that has a starting bid of 800 and before I shell out that kind of money I should be able to get a simple question answered, wouldn't you think? A department store wouldn't expect you to pay hundreds of dollars without being able to ask a question and IMO eBay sellers selling high priced items should honor this also. I understand there will most definitely be a few annoying buyers asking annoying questions but doesn't that go with the territory of selling anything? I have researched this item vigorously for a couple of hours now to make sure I wanted to bid. Now I just have one remaining question and when I contacted the seller it's like a big gong went off. NOT! You may not ask your question, so sorry. Now I'm not going to bid because I don't feel like taking a shot in the dark regarding my concern. Very annoying and a HUGE waste of time!!! :cursing:

IMHO regardless of the price of the item, a seller should be willing to answer questions. Lots of US ebay sellers will ship to Canada, but specify "US shipping" as their default in their listing. On a number of occasions I've tried "ask seller a question" and gotten the "sorry, check the listing, this seller will not accept your question" or whatever. It peeves me to no end. But karma works -- some of those sellers, I've wanted to alert them to an error in their listing/title that is probably going to cost them money. Or they get NO bidders, and my bid would have saved them from relisting. AND they'd have been dealing with a reliable, non-scamming buyer (me :smile: )

OP you are smart to move along. If someone can't be bothered to answer your question, they are probably not prepared to work with you if there was a prob with the transaction.

...and to boot, the seller has this in their item description..."We are happy to answer any and all auction related questions" - I just don't get it. Okay, enough whining, I'm moving on. Thanks for your replies and listening to my ranting!!! :P

Can't say I blame you, OP.
A little customer service goes a long way in my opinion. And decency does too.
Move along!

if a seller is too busy to answer a question that may be unimportant to them,

why bother? $800 + is a not a small sum... if a seller is not interested in

answering a question, can you imagine what it might be to deal with a problem??

Sellers can also blanket block questions about items. It doesn't mean a buyer has been individually blocked.

I honestly don't see it as a huge problem. Just don't buy from them if their communication policy doesn't meet your needs :shrugs:

i don't even bother with those type auctions - if they don't have time for my question then they don't have time for my money! i have seen some where the description and details are sooooo lacking - and yet they don't want any questions asked! puh-lease! keep it moving is exactly right.

This happens when I place restrictions on buyers witg NPB strikes. Restrictions like these are usually placed on high priced items. Just sounds like the seller is protecting themselves.