Damier Ebene Neverfull...am I being picky?

Jul 18, 2011
Okay so I LOVE my Neverfull! It's absolutely perfect except for this one thing... I noticed when I first cinched the sides in that the seam that goes up the inside causes the piping along the top to bend oddly. The part where they glue/sow to match the piping hits at a really bad spot and causes the piping to look almost like its square when folded in...and I afraid that its going to cause the piping seam to pull apart or stretch! Am I being too anal?! Is this normal?! I don't have any friends who have this bag and don't know what is normal! Please help! :confused1:

DSC_0001.jpg

DSC_0002-1.jpg

DSC_0003-1.jpg

DSC_0004.jpg

DSC_0006.jpg

When you cinch in the sides of the Ebene, the coated leather is stiff so you are going to find this will happen. What size do you have? I never cinch in my MM but if it was a GM, it would stay cinched since that bag is so big to me. I think this is inevitable. I'm curious what others will say.

Pretty bag!!! You are going to love it despite the "square". :smile:

I just got mine in the MM size! Mine doesn't look like that- I think it must've been cinched for a while to have that crease. I'm sure if I cinch mine often it will eventually look like that but I've seen posts with concerns similar to yours so I checked the piping on mine right away (they shipped it from the boutique in Seattle so I was kind of worried it was used/handled, etc). I wouldn't worry about it but if it will really bother you--maybe you can exchange it for one that hasn't been cinched.

When you cinch in the sides of the Ebene, the coated leather is stiff so you are going to find this will happen. What size do you have? I never cinch in my MM but if it was a GM, it would stay cinched since that bag is so big to me. I think this is inevitable. I'm curious what others will say.

Pretty bag!!! You are going to love it despite the "square". :smile:

I have the GM so It has to be cinched because its so big! I un-cinch it at night so it can "rest" if that makes sense! I do think I am going to love it despite the "square" :P haha. I love that it has perfect stitching up the sides and I would feel like I was abandoning it...oh gosh I sound crazy!! I don't think I can part with it...Thanks for replying :smile:

I have the GM so It has to be cinched because its so big! I un-cinch it at night so it can "rest" if that makes sense! I do think I am going to love it despite the "square" :P haha. I love that it has perfect stitching up the sides and I would feel like I was abandoning it...oh gosh I sound crazy!! I don't think I can part with it...Thanks for replying :smile:
You are so welcome. :hugs: You will notice this less and less as you just enjoy your new bag. At least that has been my experience. You made a beautiful choice!

I just got mine in the MM size! Mine doesn't look like that- I think it must've been cinched for a while to have that crease. I'm sure if I cinch mine often it will eventually look like that but I've seen posts with concerns similar to yours so I checked the piping on mine right away (they shipped it from the boutique in Seattle so I was kind of worried it was used/handled, etc). I wouldn't worry about it but if it will really bother you--maybe you can exchange it for one that hasn't been cinched.

The other side is perfect! So I don't know if it was previously used or cinched...I think its just the placement of the seam and I think I'll keep her! She's such a wonderful bag. I'm just so nervous about the "peeling" issues. Hoping this will be my only issue :angel:

The other side is perfect! So I don't know if it was previously used or cinched...I think its just the placement of the seam and I think I'll keep her! She's such a wonderful bag. I'm just so nervous about the "peeling" issues. Hoping this will be my only issue :angel:

It could be because of the seam--but parts of the bags are still hand-made (sewn, put-together, etc) so there will always be some differences from bag to bag. I wouldn't let it bother me. I bought a brand new Azur Speedy 35 and the next day I noticed a tiny dot of glue on the underside of the zipper pull. I like to think of the person who was working on my bag. It kind of adds a human touch to it. Some people might be ticked off by it but I think it adds character and really, no one else will ever notice it!

It could be because of the seam--but parts of the bags are still hand-made (sewn, put-together, etc) so there will always be some differences from bag to bag. I wouldn't let it bother me. I bought a brand new Azur Speedy 35 and the next day I noticed a tiny dot of glue on the underside of the zipper pull. I like to think of the person who was working on my bag. It kind of adds a human touch to it. Some people might be ticked off by it but I think it adds character and really, no one else will ever notice it!

Wow what a wonderful way to look at it! You gave me a completely different outlook. Thank you for that :biggrin: and you're right no one but me would ever notice it. Thanks again for your encouraging words!

I wish there was a like button so I can simply just like some people's posts! It's okay to take notice of little errors, but I guess it's like dropping a pair of sunnies, getting a scratch and later getting over it. I have the currently same problem with my neverfull but it didn't bother me at all, it looks fine, pretty sure it won't break down anytime soon.

Eventually you'll get over with things, treat it like an angel and enjoy the bag after all it's made to be used :smile: there are worse situations than this.. e.g vachetta's handles getting rain marks and stains/drops on em haha, just be glad your bag's ebene! I loveeeee my ebene neverfull!

^ LVLoveaffair's post is so wise :smile:

I wish there was a like button so I can simply just like some people's posts! It's okay to take notice of little errors, but I guess it's like dropping a pair of sunnies, getting a scratch and later getting over it. I have the currently same problem with my neverfull but it didn't bother me at all, it looks fine, pretty sure it won't break down anytime soon.

Eventually you'll get over with things, treat it like an angel and enjoy the bag after all it's made to be used :smile: there are worse situations than this.. e.g vachetta's handles getting rain marks and stains/drops on em haha, just be glad your bag's ebene! I loveeeee my ebene neverfull!

^ LVLoveaffair's post is so wise :smile:

You are too sweet and thank you!! I agree 100%! Nothing can be as bad as rain getting on your beautiful white vachetta!! ;)