Help! Marcie or Paraty?!

Nov 17, 2010
Hi there! I am new to the Chloe world. I have just about every other type of designer bag but not a Chloe! I live both the Marcie and the Paraty but cannot decide even after reading all the other threads! Unfortunately, I do not live near a store that carries Chloe so I cannot try them on.

Which is better for a mom on the run? I have a five year old daughter and I am always running around with her! I tend to dress more on the casual side if that matters and i am petite. I love both bags in the medium size and in a tan color.

Any thoughts?! Please help!

My personal opinion is that for a casual mom-on-the-go, the Marcie would be a better choice. It has a more casual look and is really gorgeous in the tan color -- I think tan translates really well on the Marcie. If you were looking for a dressier bag, say, in black, I'd say Paraty. Also, for someone on the go, the Marcie has two interior pockets (Paraty has one), plus the Marcie has the pocket under the outside flap, which is great for a cell phone or other small item you may need easy access to. And the Marcie looks great worn cross-body! Hope this helps.

I want both too! Will be getting a Marcie for Christmas, I think :yahoo: And hopefully, I'll be able to get a black Paraty next year as a great day-to-evening bag.
Good luck!

I was already half talked into it, but you gals are really making me want both! Ah! I think I need a Marcie now... It'll have to wait till next year but I think I simply MUST have her! I'm thinking Nut or Skin.

Hi there! I am new to the Chloe world. I have just about every other type of designer bag but not a Chloe! I live both the Marcie and the Paraty but cannot decide even after reading all the other threads! Unfortunately, I do not live near a store that carries Chloe so I cannot try them on.

Which is better for a mom on the run? I have a five year old daughter and I am always running around with her! I tend to dress more on the casual side if that matters and i am petite. I love both bags in the medium size and in a tan color.

Any thoughts?! Please help!

Definately a marcie for a mom on the go. I have a paraty, but it does not have outside pockets & only has one inner zip pocket, so I have to fish for my cell phone & keys. My kids are older, so the paraty works perfect for me. Tan in both bags is really nice. I love the skin color too. I tried nut, but it did not work for my wardrobe. It is a mushroomy taupe color. let us know what you get!

beachgirl38 said:
Definately a marcie for a mom on the go. I have a paraty, but it does not have outside pockets & only has one inner zip pocket, so I have to fish for my cell phone & keys. My kids are older, so the paraty works perfect for me. Tan in both bags is really nice. I love the skin color too. I tried nut, but it did not work for my wardrobe. It is a mushroomy taupe color. let us know what you get!

Thank you for the insight! I am leaning towards the Marcie! Now, where to purchase!!!! I feel a new obsession coming on....

I saw the Marcies on HG Bags! Did you get one with a strap? Wondering if I would even use it!

It was my first experience buying from HG bags, and I have to say, it was a very pleasant experience. You should be very sure before buying there, since she keeps the costs of the bags down by having a 15% restocking fee. I went and looked at the Ash color at Saks before buying, so I could see it IRL.

I live in the city (Boston) and take public transportation all the time, so the strap is a must for me. The strap is a great length for cross-body wear and I use it all the time!

Thank you for the insight! I am leaning towards the Marcie! Now, where to purchase!!!! I feel a new obsession coming on....

HG bags is a great place to buy, but yes, you have to make sure to find out which color works best for you because of the 15% restocking fee. Skin is very light, but nice. I love tan - perfect cognac color, ash - I don't know - never saw, nut - a mushroom taupe color.

I agree with the choice of the Marcie for your lifestyle. I had played with Chloe bags in Saks and Neiman's before, but only recently went to my first Chloe boutique. I would definitely go with the Marcie for myself as well. I like that it has a shoulder strap as opposed to being a hand held bag with attachable strap. The shoulder strap was long enough to comfortably fit and stay on the shoulder. Also, it's one zipper to get into the bag so it's not a lot of fuss to get in and out of.

LibJames said:
I was already half talked into it, but you gals are really making me want both! Ah! I think I need a Marcie now... It'll have to wait till next year but I think I simply MUST have her! I'm thinking Nut or Skin.

I love my skin Marcie!