Apprehensive about saving for my Birkin

Indiarobyn

May 16, 2010
This isn't a post about how to save, because I am aware of the newbies post!!

However, The Birkin 35 is roughly about £5,600 at the moment, but I want to purchase my Birkin for my graduation in 2014. I'm thinking about it now because I'm aware shopping for a Birkin is not something you can take lightly.

I worry that by the time I get to my graduation that the Birkin 35 might be closer to £7,000 ? - Can any of you tell me if that is a close guestimate ?

I'm guessing I would have to play it cool with the Hermes SA'S as well ! - Meaning, I would have to buy a little something and maybe suggest a slight interest in a Birkin!

Would you suggest I start this process when I have reached my goal or maybe a few months before ?

Thanks ladies ! x

really depends if you already have the moolah or not. usually it's about luck, luck & more luck. if you are specific you can have a relationship with an SA. but if you're feeling lucky you can just walk in the store and buy one on the spot.

This isn't a post about how to save, because I am aware of the newbies post!!

However, The Birkin 35 is roughly about £5,600 at the moment, but I want to purchase my Birkin for my graduation in 2014. I'm thinking about it now because I'm aware shopping for a Birkin is not something you can take lightly.

I worry that by the time I get to my graduation that the Birkin 35 might be closer to £7,000 ? - Can any of you tell me if that is a close guestimate ?

I'm guessing I would have to play it cool with the Hermes SA'S as well ! - Meaning, I would have to buy a little something and maybe suggest a slight interest in a Birkin!

Would you suggest I start this process when I have reached my goal or maybe a few months before ?

Thanks ladies ! x

Hi Indiarobyn, Welcome!

Am I right to conclude from your post that you would be trying to buy your dream birkin from one of the UK shops? If yes I'd suggest you start working on the SA right now seeing as they seldom have non exotic birkins available (unless someone refuses a bag they ordered, which happened to me only once since I started buying H bags), and people need to be in the SA's radar so to speak.

Good luck with it all!