Seller Left "False Positive" Feedback

Kleio

Mar 30, 2011
I've actually posted previously about this case; here's a link to the first half of the story: http://forum.purseblog.com/ebay-forum/should-i-open-a-claim-714272.html

Short summary: I purchased a pair of earrings that I thought were solid gold. When I took them to a jeweler, he informed me that they were plated only. I passed this revelation on to the seller, who did a 180-degree transformation from Dr. Jekyll to Mr. Hyde. She eventually relented enough to "allow" me to return the earrings. I asked my fellow TPF ladies whether I ought to open a case to protect myself before I returned the earrings for a refund.

In the end, I opted to play nice and not open a case. I sent the earrings back, but then the seller only gave me a partial refund. At this point, I got extremely fed up and opened a case, which prompted the seller to give me the rest of my money back.

At this point, I thought we were absolutely done with each other, but a few days ago, I found out that she'd left me "false positive" feedback - i.e., negative feedback masquerading as positive, since I believe sellers are not allowed to leave anything less than positive feedback for a buyer.

Here's what she said exactly in her false positive feedback: "Do not like leaving 'Positive', but what I could say about this 'Returner'!"

My question is, is it possible to get eBay to remove this? At least it wasn't a flamingly negative feedback, but I'm more incensed that this seller had to stoop this low in her vindictiveness.

Additionally, before I found out that the earrings were plated, and before she turned nasty on me, I left positive feedback for her. Is there any way to edit/remove my feedback? I was originally content to simply leave it as is - I'm not a vindictive person by nature, and I will say that I think she's a decent enough seller if you don't run into any problems with her. However, her latest action prompts me to believe that future buyers of her ought to beware this hidden, vicious side of her.

i always to know this because i've never seen it done. if you left a positive feedback and then realize something is wrong, can you then reply to your own feedback with an explanation?
sorry if this is OT

^ Yes. Follow up on feedback left.

They will remove the comment. But she could respond to your feedback with a negative comment. That is the only way for sellers to get a negative in.

Ebay will remove a false positive if you call them

I think I'm an idiot, but I can't find the number to call eBay? Why do they make it so impossible to contact them? :P

Report her to Ebay. It is against the rules to leave false positive.
Good luck.

Hmm, how do I report her? Thanks for the suggestion! It seems a little extreme, but then again, I am absolutely shocked by this seller's complete lack of professionalism.

I think I'm an idiot, but I can't find the number to call eBay? Why do they make it so impossible to contact them? :P

Hmm, how do I report her? Thanks for the suggestion! It seems a little extreme, but then again, I am absolutely shocked by this seller's complete lack of professionalism.

She was wrong to leave you with false positive. It might sound extreme to you
However she /he knew better.
All you have to do is call Ebay customer service.

if you sign in to ebay, there's a customer support button at the top of your screen next to "cart" click that and click the support option right on the screen theres a tab on the right to contact ebay, click on that and it will give you a number to call and a pin that will you need to key in