Urgent- Cat experts please need help

Juda

O.G.
Apr 23, 2009
My Persian cat who almost never throws up, threw up several times few weeks ago within few hours and there was blood specs in her vomit.
I took her immediately to the vet who after examining her found nothing and the conclusion was: she threw up from laxapet and the fresh blood was from throwing up several times.
She threw up again last week white foam with red blood specs, only once - the vet asked me to monitor her.
Nothing happened until today, she threw up again white foam with red dots/spots and just now (10 hours later) she threw up twice (5 mins apart) more blood and the white foam became pinkish/red liquid.
She is acting very normal until half hour or so before throwing up.
She just sits and doesn't want to be bothered.
Needless to say, I am taking her to the vet 1st thing in the morning, 12 hours from now.
If I take her now as emergency, her vet is not on duty and I don't trust teh attending vet - nicest person but not the best vet.
Need your advice please.

My Persian cat who almost never throws up, threw up several times few weeks ago within few hours and there was blood specs in her vomit.
I took her immediately to the vet who after examining her found nothing and the conclusion was: she threw up from laxapet and the fresh blood was from throwing up several times.
She threw up again last week white foam with red blood specs, only once - the vet asked me to monitor her.
Nothing happened until today, she threw up again white foam with red dots/spots and just now (10 hours later) she threw up twice (5 mins apart) more blood and the white foam became pinkish/red liquid.
She is acting very normal until half hour or so before throwing up.
She just sits and doesn't want to be bothered.
Needless to say, I am taking her to the vet 1st thing in the morning, 12 hours from now.
If I take her now as emergency, her vet is not on duty and I don't trust teh attending vet - nicest person but not the best vet.
Need your advice please.

geez I'd be freaking out and wouldn't be able to sleep. If time is of the essence, go to ER - best of luck with the difficult decision

Is it possible she has a bad tooth? Is she eating, drinking and using the litterbox as normal? Is there some treat she only gets once in a while that could be causing the tummy upset? It is really hard as it could be so many things. If she is acting otherwise normally I would say it isn't an emergency. Hopefully her vet will be able to figure it out in the morning. Although if it gets any worse tonight I might bring her in to the emergency vet just in case.

Thank you so much for your post.
The attending vet misdiagnosed my other cat, he missed the 1st signs of UTI and my cat ended up having crystals.
That's why I am reluctant to take her to the ER.
I am the worried sick about her but on the bright side she was eating, drinking and playing after throwing up the 1st time.
Now she just wants to be left alone.

Is her breathing normal?

Is it possible that she ate something that she should not have eaten, such as a bone or a non-food item?

Can you take a digital picture of the barf so that you can show the vet what you are seeing?

Are you finding any blood in the litterbox?

Thank you Cindi.
I examined her mouth and couldn't find anything wrong.
The weird thing that happened twice (this morning and last week) she threw up and pooped almost simultaneously.
I will definitely taker her to the ER and even wait for her vet if she gets any worse.
Thank you ladies for your support.

Is her breathing normal?

Is it possible that she ate something that she should not have eaten, such as a bone or a non-food item?

Can you take a digital picture of the barf so that you can show the vet what you are seeing?

Are you finding any blood in the litterbox?

She is breathing normally.
No blood in the litter box.
I am pretty sure she didn't eat any bones or non food items.
if a kibble falls on the floor she wouldn't touch it.
I already took photos thank you so much for your advice.