stinky abigail situation

Jan 19, 2009
i ordered a bordeaux abigail and she is stunning:graucho:
only problem was she had a chemical/cow fertilizer smell, so i aired her out for 2 weeks and it didn't dissipate. sadly i had to return. does anyone with the bordeaux have a smelly situation? i want to reorder the bordeaux but, scared to thinking the smell is from the coloring process. i am thinking of reordering the black, praying it won't stink:-s
should i try for another bordeaux?

Maybe it was just that particular batch or something. I have a gathered Bordeaux Lindsey and it has no odors like that. If you really love the bag, I'd say get another one and see if it's better. If it has the same odor then I'd switch to another color.

Good luck!

WOW, I have it in bordeaux and have detected no odd odors. I've been carrying it for about 3 weeks now. It's such a stunning color, I hope you can find a replacement that doesn't smell. Good luck, granny

Another Bordeaux Abigail here..... No chemical smells or strange odors. My SA told me quite awhile back that several boxes wreaked when they opened them in the back room. The smell never went away - and entire stockroom stunk. I had a Chevron Lindsey, that I returned for the same reason. It must be random....so I'd chance getting another because it is a beautiful bag!