Help with getting my first Chanel!

Oct 19, 2010
Hi guys, i finally saved up for my very first chanel bag! :yahoo: Im so excited that I'm so tempted to pick up the phone and order it now! Im quite sure that I want my first chanel to be a jumbo classic flap in caviar leather with silver hardware but I'm a little unsure on if i should get it now or wait till early 2012...would there be a difference? Also should i call and order it or go to manchester/london and get it there...any suggestions??

What do you think is the perfect first chanel bag??

Should i get jumbo or medium/large??? ahhhhhh! :woot:

Hi guys, i finally saved up for my very first chanel bag! :yahoo: Im so excited that I'm so tempted to pick up the phone and order it now! Im quite sure that I want my first chanel to be a jumbo classic flap in caviar leather with silver hardware but I'm a little unsure on if i should get it now or wait till early 2012...would there be a difference? Also should i call and order it or go to manchester/london and get it there...any suggestions??

What do you think is the perfect first chanel bag??

Should i get jumbo or medium/large??? ahhhhhh! :woot:

I would go to the store if I were you and see what bag suits you the best, it's not really up to us to tell you what bag fits you most. And I would probably get it right now if you already have your money saved and see a bag you like, because of the price increase next year.

I would go to the store if I were you and see what bag suits you the best, it's not really up to us to tell you what bag fits you most. And I would probably get it right now if you already have your money saved and see a bag you like, because of the price increase next year.
thanks! are the price increases usually in the beginning of the year?

Congratulations on saving your money for your first Chanel handbag! If you have the money to purchase it now, I say GO FOR IT! The price is only going to increase. The black caviar Jumbo with silver hardware was my first Chanel, and I have been in love ever since. Whatever you decide to do, enjoy it and take good care of her :smile: I am sure we would all love to see pictures once you have it!

Congratulations on saving your money for your first Chanel handbag! If you have the money to purchase it now, I say GO FOR IT! The price is only going to increase. The black caviar Jumbo with silver hardware was my first Chanel, and I have been in love ever since. Whatever you decide to do, enjoy it and take good care of her :smile: I am sure we would all love to see pictures once you have it!
Thanks! Took me a year plus birthday money and selling 2 of my alexander wang bags! The jumbo has been my dream bag pretty much forever so I figured I would rather have fewer bags that I LOVE and are on my wish list than many designer bags. I have the choice of calling and having it sent or waiting two weeks to go to london and manchester and getting it there. I do want the experience of going into the shop and everything but sometimes it scares me (lol)...plus if i go and its sold out it would be sad!

Definitely going to do a reveal when i get it! :biggrin:

Thanks! Took me a year plus birthday money and selling 2 of my alexander wang bags! The jumbo has been my dream bag pretty much forever so I figured I would rather have fewer bags that I LOVE and are on my wish list than many designer bags. I have the choice of calling and having it sent or waiting two weeks to go to london and manchester and getting it there. I do want the experience of going into the shop and everything but sometimes it scares me (lol)...plus if i go and its sold out it would be sad!

Don't be scared! I used to work in luxury retail and we are just normal people. We want you to come in and hang out with us! At least I did :smile:

Congrats on saving up for your first bag! ITA with everyone when they say to go into a boutique to choose your first bag. The jumbo has been your dream bag pretty much forever but there may be something else you spot in store that you fall in love with!! Don't let anyone scare you (they're only human) and enjoy the experience!!

GO FOR IT NOW!!!!!! With all these price increases, it's not worth the waiting, especially if you have the money right now.
I'd suggest you go to the store yourself and try the bags they have to see what fits you best (height and style wise)!!!!

Keep us posted!

I definitely agree! You should go into the boutique to select your first Chanel.
Yeah i think i will! Very excited now...Nervously excited! Think I'm scared that ill like too many things and ill be confused :confused1: I like choice but i don't do too well with it. Sometimes i go into shops hopping i won't like anything else but what I'm going there to get, because if i have to choose between two or more i really like i might feel like a made the wrong decision...dont you just hate that?

I guess i just have to walk in with one thing in mind...THINK CLASSIC!

Don't be scared! I used to work in luxury retail and we are just normal people. We want you to come in and hang out with us! At least I did :smile:
Thats really nice to know! I guess sometimes when i walk into these stores i feel like I'm being looked down on (probably all in my head..or not!) I feel like i have to be going in only if I'm actually going to buy something. Either I'm reeaaaally paranoid or its a common thing to feel!

Congrats on saving up for your first bag! ITA with everyone when they say to go into a boutique to choose your first bag. The jumbo has been your dream bag pretty much forever but there may be something else you spot in store that you fall in love with!! Don't let anyone scare you (they're only human) and enjoy the experience!!
Haha yeah true they're only human...but humans can be intimidating! But i agree, i should go in and try them out! I might have another dream bag waiting for me :drool:

I really need to man up! haha! Thanks!