Debating on the Pinnacle Eva- thoughts?

graebelle

Aug 2, 2011
Knowing that a 25% PCE is coming up I have been eyeing the Pinnacle Eva in mahogany... Now i am second guessing myself as to whether or not i should order her.... (not sure why) normally i jump feet first and click submit without a second thought so i am not sure why this time is different. I have the pinnacle bette and although i have not carried her yet, love it.... SO anyone who has this bag (Pinnacle Eva) would love to hear your thoughts as to whether or not it was a good purchase.... thanks

Hi there,

I have the Pinnacle Eva in both the fuzzy furry version and the lake (navy) leather....I love both! Be forewarned, though, that the strap is attached to the front flap of the bag, which means if you don't snap the flap shut, you won't be able to carry the bag around without it hanging wide open. Just thought I'd mention. It doesn't bother me, but may bother others.

I think it's a beautiful bag, especially in the mahogany, and it carries everything without being too large. I say go for it! :smile:

This bag is a really great bag so far as the different textures, and the hardware is lovely--esp the rosegold on the mahogany (I have the Allie in mahog. and the Eva in Lake). The bag is really roomy, too.

But...as much as I love how the bag looks, when I carried her, I found her to be more and more of a difficult bag for shopping. I think I'll use this bag only for work. When shopping, my two chief complaints are: 1) Can't carry on the shoulder by the handle so that necessitates using the strap which did dig into my shoulder. 2) As CoachCruiser notes, the design for how the bag opens and closes becomes a pain when needing to get into the bag often. CC is correct that if u don't close the bag, well, your stuff falls out if you don't notice. (If the magnets don't automatically catch). Of minor complaint is that the distressed leather portion on the flap is not distressing evenly--mine acquired that cool looking vertical striping that we saw in the Fall 2011 thread pics of the Eva in that lovely red--but only on one side and not the other. So it looks weird to me.
One more note: I loaded up on some cute blue fobs to decorate this bag with and decided not to bother anymore. Each time you open the bag, the fob flops to the reverse side and you literally have to put the fob bag on the front flap with each open/close.

So while lovely to look at and almost lovely to hold, consider this info before you mark it as sold....LOL

HTH.

Thanks ladies for the help- I guess the one thing that is making me reluctant is the fact that is does not zip up.. i am afraid that i will quickly grab my bag and all my belongings will fall out, especially when i am out shopping and have two kids to mandate and majority of the time i grab my handbag after checkout without zipping it prior (i always feel as though i am holding up the line if i sit there and put all my stuff in and zip my bag up, so i usually do it after i walk away from the register... silly i know )... i really love the color, style, and texture.. but as you both mentioned it is not the most user friendly bag out there.....

I have Eva in Mahogany. Love the color, style and texture- could not pass up this unique bag. There has not been a problem for me on functionality. Good luck on your decision!
That is good to hear- i really do love the bag and color- i am hoping it does not disappear before making my decision since the PCE is now usable for everyone- and it is such a great looking bag/

i know this is an old topic bt i took to long when this purse was actually out bt now hav the chance of getting either the blk or the lake
which do yall prefer and if any mod shots are available tht would be great