Chevron nylon sophia and weird handle?

ginaki

ginaki + bags = love
O.G.
Sep 12, 2010
Hello ladies!

A couple of days ago, I received my chevron nylon sophia satchel in mahogany from ebay. The bag is gorgeous and I love it, but today, I noticed something about the handles. I will post some pictures, so hopefully you will understand what I mean! I would like you to tell me your opinion, as you may have seen these bags in real life (I have never seen it before), so you could tell me if you have noticed anything like this.

http://imageshack.us/g/845/pb180037.jpg/

The firs photo shows the front handle. It hangs in a normal way from the golden rings, and the seams are on the inside. Second photo shows the front handle also, from the back side. Everything ok until now.

Now please look at the third photo. This is the back handle. Notice the place of the seems, it is not on the inside, but one is opposite to the other. This makes the golden rings sticking out. I could not understand what the problem is... the rings? the handle? Pictures 4, 5, 6 show the difference clearly.

... continue...

Then I noticed that the main seam of the front handle is inside, while the main seam of the back handle is outside, so they are both to te the same direction, see what I mean

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/853/pb180041.jpg/

(the one above is the back handle)

So I figures that in some way, the handle is twisted wrong from the beginning, it has the wrong shape. Because I put some pressure and tried to curve it (so that the seam is inside like the other), and like this, it seemed ok (seams on the two bottoms on the handle on the inside, large seam on the handle on the inside), but of course after a few seconds it returned to its original position.

I won't do this again, because it made some wrinkles already.

I love the bag and I am going to carry it, but this one made me a little sad..

Sorry for the long message and hope you understand what I'm talking about!

Have you ever seen this problem?

Thank you!

I haven't had this issue before, but I see what you mean, looks like it wasn't put together correctly... I'd consider asking for a refund from the seller.. I would not be happy at all receiving this sort of defect. The seller may not have noticed it themselves but I'd still ask... maybe you can take it to fp coach to have fixed?

Good Luck

I haven't had this issue before, but I see what you mean, looks like it wasn't put together correctly... I'd consider asking for a refund from the seller.. I would not be happy at all receiving this sort of defect. The seller may not have noticed it themselves but I'd still ask... maybe you can take it to fp coach to have fixed?

Good Luck

Yes, I'm sure the seller did not notice it, because the bases of the handles had protection paper around them and this was not visible. Imagine that I did not notice it immediately, even if I had the bag in my hands.
I already left positive feedback for the seller.

Unfortunately the Coach store does not exist anymore here in Athens...

Maybe I have to get used to it?

Yes, I'm sure the seller did not notice it, because the bases of the handles had protection paper around them and this was not visible. Imagine that I did not notice it immediately, even if I had the bag in my hands.
I already left positive feedback for the seller.

Unfortunately the Coach store does not exist anymore here in Athens...

Maybe I have to get used to it?

I personally wouldn't "get used to it", that would bother me to the end of time... If you don't have a fp store to go into then I'd suggest calling coach customer service and explaining the issue to them and see if you can send it in for repair. They don't have to know where or how you purchased, if asked, say it was a gift. It was, to yourself.. :P

Maybe someone else has some other suggestions, but if it was me, I'd try to send it off for repair.. all the best to you! :smile:

I personally wouldn't "get used to it", that would bother me to the end of time... If you don't have a fp store to go into then I'd suggest calling coach customer service and explaining the issue to them and see if you can send it in for repair. They don't have to know where or how you purchased, if asked, say it was a gift. It was, to yourself.. :P

Maybe someone else has some other suggestions, but if it was me, I'd try to send it off for repair.. all the best to you! :smile:

Yes, it was a gift to myself for sure! :biggrin:
Thank you for your thoughts, I really wish the Coach store was still open! When I had it near me, I never went, and now that I need it is closed!

It is defective. Contact your ebay seller.

As a seller on ebay I always unpackage the item for photos. This is the exact problem I always dread happening if I don't! And, funny thing, all the buying and selling I do of handbags the only real problem I had was a bag that was a brand new one with all the packaging on it...I thought that it was great that it was untouched but when I unwrapped it there was discoloration on the leather.

It is defective. Contact your ebay seller.

As a seller on ebay I always unpackage the item for photos. This is the exact problem I always dread happening if I don't! And, funny thing, all the buying and selling I do of handbags the only real problem I had was a bag that was a brand new one with all the packaging on it...I thought that it was great that it was untouched but when I unwrapped it there was discoloration on the leather.

Well I just sent her a message explaining the situation, with photos.
Thank you, you are right about this!

Sorry to hear that you're not happy with your Lindsey handles. I could be wrong, but it looks like the handles are both sewn on correctly to the rings, but the seam faces the wrong way at the top. Your handle problem reminded me of another thread about the Devin handles.
http://forum.purseblog.com/coach-shopping/help-with-my-camel-devin-654661.html

Post #41 shows a helpful reply from Coach CS. And in post #60 the OP was able to do what CS suggested and fix the handles.
http://forum.purseblog.com/coach-shopping/help-with-my-camel-devin-654661-4.html#post17686410

I don't know if this is the same problem that you are having with your handles, but it might be worth a try. In your pictures, it looks to me like both handles are sewn on correctly, but the back handle has twisted around at the top, KWIM? I actually just tried twisting my handle like yours is, and it definitely made the ring stick out more.

Good luck!

Well I just sent her a message explaining the situation, with photos.
Thank you, you are right about this!

Ebay told me that you can open a dispute even if you have given positive feedback as long as it is within 45 days of the sale, just in case you have to take it that far.

Thank you all for your thoughts! 4vryng yes, the problem is similar to this, but as much as I tried, the handle does not come to the right position...

The seller responded me:

Hi, I am sorry for the defect. I did not notice the imperfection since
the handles were wrapped in paper. If you like I can refund $50.00
back to your PayPal account or you can return the handbag back to
me for a full refund and I will pay for the shipping. Please let me
know what you decide. Again, my apologies. Thank you.

I'm very happy the seller responded me this way!
Now I have to decide... Should I return it? Or accept the partial refund?
I bought the bag for 279.99 USD (plus shipping), while the MFSRP is 358 USD. With the 50 USD refund, it will be a great price for this bag, because otherwise it is flawless.

On the other hand, I don't have the time to go to th post office, send it back, wait until it gets to US, waiting for the refund... And I will be anxious until everything is settled...

What would you do ladies? Would you keep it under these circumstances?

Hi again!!!!

I took my decision... I dedided to keep it and accept the partial refund! I was torn but I ended up that with 50 USD partial refund, the final price is very good for this defect, that after all does not influence the looks and the use of the bag.

Thank you again for taking the time reading my thread, I appreciate your help!

Sorry to hear that you're not happy with your Lindsey handles. I could be wrong, but it looks like the handles are both sewn on correctly to the rings, but the seam faces the wrong way at the top. Your handle problem reminded me of another thread about the Devin handles.
http://forum.purseblog.com/coach-shopping/help-with-my-camel-devin-654661.html

Post #41 shows a helpful reply from Coach CS. And in post #60 the OP was able to do what CS suggested and fix the handles.
http://forum.purseblog.com/coach-shopping/help-with-my-camel-devin-654661-4.html#post17686410

I don't know if this is the same problem that you are having with your handles, but it might be worth a try. In your pictures, it looks to me like both handles are sewn on correctly, but the back handle has twisted around at the top, KWIM? I actually just tried twisting my handle like yours is, and it definitely made the ring stick out more.

Good luck!

I read the thread more carefully and took into cosideration what you wrote, and I think you are absolutely right. The handle is sewn on correctly to the bottom parts and to the rings, but the seam faces the wrong way. When I spread the handles in order to compare them (even if I leave the back handle as it is, or if I press it to the bottom parts in order the golden rings to be flat), is it obvious that it is sewn on correclty, and the problem is the seam.
The seam of the fron handle is smoothly on the inner side, while on the back handle, it starts ok from both edges, but it continues to the outside of the handle.

I tried twisting it again and again and for a few seconds it is perfect (as the handles are quite flexible), but shortly after, it starts returning to its original -wrong- position..

I wish I could fix it like the OP of the other thread, but I can't see how, as the handle is sewn on steadily and correctly on the bottom, and the seam is sewn on wrong...

Front handle, perfect. The seam is on the inner of the handle:

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/404/0399.jpg/

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/403/0402j.jpg/

Back handle! I twisted the bottom parts, in order to be like the front ones and not facing each other, and you can see that the seam is not on the inner of the handle. Starts ok and then changes.

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/228/0401k.jpg/

Same thing, leaving the handle as it is, without pressing the bottoms in order to come to the right position

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/24/0400x.jpg/

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/854/0403d.jpg/

Maybe the ladies with the devin bag were able to fix it, due to the costruction of the bag (multiple o-rings). Because at post number 60 she says that she was able to rotate the o-ring as well. The o-ring on mine, can't rotate a sthe construction is different...