Annoyed with amazon

Aug 22, 2010
I just had to rant...usually I love amazon but lately it's really annoying me. Sellers should be required to disclose more details. I ordered something new but when it arrived it wasn't in it's original packaging. Am I just supposed to trust that it was new and unused. Another time I ordered a name brand and received a no name brand. This most recent purchase didn't come direct from amazon so I paid shipping. I want all my money back!

The problem with Amazon is that any seller can edit the listings, so if there are different people selling the same item they may all have slightly different listing details, and the listing you see doesn't necessarily apply to the seller you end up buying from. I was told this by two different sellers after I complained that the listing was different to what I received (ie wrong region dvds, or electrical equipment lacking cables).
I would contact the sellers first before leaving bad feedback.

The problem with Amazon is that any seller can edit the listings, so if there are different people selling the same item they may all have slightly different listing details, and the listing you see doesn't necessarily apply to the seller you end up buying from. I was told this by two different sellers after I complained that the listing was different to what I received (ie wrong region dvds, or electrical equipment lacking cables).
I would contact the sellers first before leaving bad feedback.

That's very interesting; I had no idea that any seller can edit listings! I haven't had any issues with Amazon so far, but I'll definitely keep this in mind in the future. Thanks for the tip!