Advice: Buyer asks to ship to different address than PP

mkimimi

~ Fashion Obsessed ~
O.G.
Apr 5, 2009
I sold a pair of shoes on eBay last night (value over $200), and the buyer paid immediately. Then she emailed asking to ship to a different address because they have moved.

I knew that I wouldn't be covered if the buyer had the old address on PP, so I messaged her on eBay, and she has been responding. She said she "removed her old address from Paypal", and asked if it was okay now.

I have never dealt with this before, and wan't to make sure I'm doing the right thing before shipping these shoes out. I have been on the phone with many eBay customer support people who basically have told me to tell the buyer to change their address on Paypal. My question is, how do I know when the buyer has done so?

would not ship to anyone unless you have a confirmed address via pp..

you can let your buyer know that when she has changed her address to

let you know and pp has given you the ok to ship you will do so...until then,

too risky IMO...and since the transaction is over $200. you may have to

insure w/sign & dc...

I sold a pair of shoes on eBay last night (value over $200), and the buyer paid immediately. Then she emailed asking to ship to a different address because they have moved.

I knew that I wouldn't be covered if the buyer had the old address on PP, so I messaged her on eBay, and she has been responding. She said she "removed her old address from Paypal", and asked if it was okay now.

I have never dealt with this before, and wan't to make sure I'm doing the right thing before shipping these shoes out. I have been on the phone with many eBay customer support people who basically have told me to tell the buyer to change their address on Paypal. My question is, how do I know when the buyer has done so?
In order to be protected, you need to refund the buyer's payment (for which it'll cost you 30 cents paypal fee) and tell the buyer to make the payment again, this time being sure to put the correct shipping address on the paypal payment page.

Then when you get the receipt from paypal, go to the "details" page. It should show the shipping address she wants it shipped to and should say "okay to ship."

As long as it shows okay to ship and you ship to that address, you'll be protected against non-receipt as long as you can prove delivery.

You'll also want to look at the seller protection and see if you're fully or partially eligible. Fully eligible means you'll also be protected against unauthorized use chargebacks. Partially eligible means you won't have protection against unauthorized use chargebacks.

would not ship to anyone unless you have a confirmed address via pp..

you can let your buyer know that when she has changed her address to

let you know and pp has given you the ok to ship you will do so...until then,

too risky IMO...and since the transaction is over $200. you may have to

insure w/sign & dc...

I was planning on insuring and adding signature/delivery confirmation.
So, what you are saying is to call Paypal after the buyer has changed the address to get an OK?

You'll also want to look at the seller protection and see if you're fully or partially eligible. Fully eligible means you'll also be protected against unauthorized use chargebacks. Partially eligible means you won't have protection against unauthorized use chargebacks.

Thanks for the advice. I will let the buyer know I am refunding the payment.
Where do I check if I am fully or partially eligible?

I was planning on insuring and adding signature/delivery confirmation.
So, what you are saying is to call Paypal after the buyer has changed the address to get an OK?
That's incorrect. The paypal details MUST have the correct shipping address which is why you have to refund the first payment and have her repay with the correct information.

That's incorrect. The paypal details MUST have the correct shipping address which is why you have to refund the first payment and have her repay with the correct information.

Thanks. I have followed your advice to refund the payment and wait for repayment. Buyer is also online and very responsive through the messaging system. I am awaiting her to change address on paypal and resend...

Buyer resent payment with correct address and shows as confirmed address and Eligible for seller protection.
Yay!
I have a new issue with another item and I am not sure if i should start a new thread...

Anyways I sold a second pair of shoes to another buyer for $305. While packing the shoes I noticed some very faint wear marks on the sides of one of the shoes that I didn't see before. I immediately took a picture and messaged it to the buyer, because I didn't want to mislead them. The buyer responded that they would only like to pay $250 now. I don't think that the damage is worth lowering the price by $50, I was going to offer something like $15-$20 to be fair.
What do you think?
CIMG4158.jpg

At this point, do I have to take their offer. Should I respond that I can only take $20 off. Can I offer to cancel the transaction since they aren't happy?
I'd tell her you're sorry but you'd rather cancel the transaction. It sounds like should she buy them anyway for your smaller partial refund, she'd probably ding the heck out of your stars.