A Special Order Possibility - Winter 2011-12 - Details post #15

Would I be interested in participating in a special order for the Lido?

• Yes - I am interested, please pursue it

• No - Not interested, forget about it

Results are only viewable after voting.

jburgh

BV ~ Ferragamo ~ TODs
O.G.
Aug 17, 2007
I have something to admit to you...a little something I've been working on.

Initially I asked if we could do a special order Mini Cabat in a goatskin. Hopeful as I was, it was eventually turned down. This made me very sad, as it would have to nearly the rest here.

What was suggested by the SO coordinator is a Lido bag. That is the tote that is the same size as a Mini Cabat. It has been around for a few years and seems to come in some of the more interesting treatments.

So my purpose with this thread is to ask if there is enough interest for me to pursue this (polls, suggestions, more polls, etc, etc.), or drop it now.

What I know:
One thing, that the Lido bag is a style available

What I do not know:
Colors, choice of skins, treatments, or prices.

What I can guess:
It will not be available in more than one colorway/leather
It will take months
It will require 1/2 down to initiate manufacture
It will cost at least 5 grand.

So I'm adding a simple 10 day yes/no poll to this for a preliminary unofficial count. If you are serious, vote accordingly.
You may want to wait until some details become available before voting, unless you have a strong feeling about it.

Last edited:
Initially I asked if we could do a special order Mini Cabat in a goatskin. Hopeful as I was, it was eventually turned down. This made me very sad, as it would have to nearly the rest here.

Thanks for asking!!':hugs:

I am voting yes, but if the price if the price gets crazy I'll have to drop out.

Ooooh, I would've been sooooo "in" as well if that goatskin Cabat got approved! jburgh - you're the best mod!

I missed joining any of the previous tPF SO's so I would love to be part of it this round. But like sbelle, I'd like to know more details including the price before I fully commit.

BTW, I'm attaching the 2 latest incarnations of the Lido bag so everyone can visualize the general shape and look of the bag. Clearly, this particular SO will not have the fringe or the nastri treatments as shown in the pics.

attachment.php

attachment.php

jburgh - what colors do you think will be available for the SO? Are we limited to current Cruise & Spring/Summer or can we also ask for those from previous seasons?

PS: What about a SO Veneta with some kind of treatment? (LOL, my bias is coming out ;))

Attachments

• Lido1.jpg
    Lido1.jpg
    69.5 KB · Views: 950
  • Lido2.jpg
    Lido2.jpg
    75.9 KB · Views: 937
Ooooohh... can we get it in copper specchio..which was goat ,if I remember correctly, or an interesting metallic?

My SAs claim there was a meeting in recent months and BV definitively decided no more mini cabats :shucks:

I wish I could get over the "No Mini Cabats ever again" decision...I just cannot come to terms with it.

As far as colors, skins, treatments...I have absolutely no idea.

When I asked about a goatskin Cabat, I asked for a dark purple like Turbolence, or Ferro. I thought for the price, it would have to be a color that could be easily worn to generate participants.

jburgh, you're amazing. Just think, if BV agreed to a mini then we'd all know for sure there really is a Santa Claus. I like the Lido style minus the fringe. I voted yes. Let's see what BV can offer you in terms of leather and color. Thanks!

i am very interested. of course depends on more info and price. i like that it is the same size as the mini but that the drop can be made longer. is that true?
is there an inside pouch? i am very excited. ferro would be amazing-

thanks jburgh.

I would definitely second Ferro or Copper Specchio.

BTW, we should also check on which particular Lido bag they're offering us. The Nastri has a pretty firm (and wide) base while the original Lido with the fringe does not have a base. When you have it hanging on your shoulder, the base of the Nastri feels a bit awkward since it is quite stiff against your side. It's even much stiffer than any of my mini or medium Cabats that also have a base.

I would definitely second Ferro or Copper Specchio.

BTW, we should also check on which particular Lido bag they're offering us. The Nastri has a pretty firm (and wide) base while the original Lido with the fringe does not have a base. When you have it hanging on your shoulder, the base of the Nastri feels a bit awkward since it is quite stiff against your side. It's even much stiffer than any of my mini or medium Cabats that also have a base.

Thanks, I had no idea. I thought they were the same.

I'll be in unless the price goes crazy or the color ends up being something I hate (not likely). Bless you, jburgh, for working on these projects for us. You're the best!

Some details are now available:

Price: $7,800
Delivery: 24/26 weeks
Material: Goatskin (per your initial request)
Handles: Croc (like Nuvolato / adjustable)
Workmanship: Flat fettuccia (like Cabat)
Color: based on what you like, they will check availability

Veneta - not available unless completely exotic

I will ask
1. Is Lido the Nastri?
2. Will it have an inside pouch
3. Will we get the plate with our initials, like in the Knot