This is driving me nuts

indiaink

Authenticator
O.G.
May 3, 2007
I know I saw this leather treatment somewhere in this subforum but I cannot find it again - please, what is this called and once we find it, can we move it to the Unique Weaving and Treatment Processes thread and I'll post again in the Reference thread for SLGs...

This is a cosmetic bag and the photo is from an auction by Paris Station HI:

attachment.php

Attachments

• k110301004w_04_001.jpg
    k110301004w_04_001.jpg
    89.7 KB · Views: 505
So nobody is familiar with what this treatment is called? "rainbow ribbon" or what? Help, please...

This treatment is from the Cervo Dune series from Cruise 2007-2008 collection. It was done on SLGs, Venetas and an oversized hobo -- all in deerskin.

attachment.php

Attachments

• DuneV.jpg
    DuneV.jpg
    89 KB · Views: 1,502
TDL :salute::rochard::rochard: and finally, :heart: :heart:

You're most welcome, indiaink! I see you love your cervos! They leather's great and quite hardy. I only have one cervo bag (my Mosaico Veneta) and it's aged quite well.

I know, isn't she great? (rhetorical question). I'll copy the pics to treatment. Thanks for the info...both of you.

ETA: I see TDL just put the treatment in! Thank you.

jburgh - awwww, you're too kind :flowers:

Any variation of ruffled ruched gathered strips multicolored whoopsydodah got me nothing.

I did however, come across a blog by a 13-year-old who has managed to weave a little clutch out of duct tape. Lord bless her. I am tempted to try this sometime. http://queenoffunkydiy.blogspot.com/2011/10/diy-bottega-veneta-inspired-duct-tape.html

OMG. I am laughing so hard. I was in Michael's last night buying stuff to jazz up my Christmas wreath and saw the "duck tape" brand in many colors, including Barbie pink. I'm still kicking myself though for not buying the camouflage duct tape we saw in BHV in Paris a couple of years ago. Still can't find this in the US. If I do before Xmas, it will be DH's stocking stuffer.