Books & Music How many books do you usually read at a time?

How many books do you usually read at a time?

• 2-3

• 3-4

• 5+

Results are only viewable after voting.
Normally one - unless the one I'm reading at home is large/heavy then I read a Kindle book or paperback on my commute. But it has to be totally different subject matter (example a novel and a diet book) or I get the characters confused.

I usually finish one first before I move on to another, but sometimes I couldn't wait to read a particular book, so then I'd start reading a second book before I finish the first and end up reading two simultaneously.

I reread a lot of books. They're like "comfort food" for my brain, like watching favorite movies over and over. At any point I might be in the middle of a bunch of them and randomly pick them up again to continue. However, if I'm reading a book for the first time I tend to focus on it until it's finished.

Too many!

Like Jennifer_C, I tend to reread books, so I'm always in the middle of something. Right now I'm rereading an old favorite, rereading a classic I'm teaching this quarter, and I'm about a third of the way into Pride and Prejudice and Zombies.

And then I'll pick up fast little graphic novels in between becuase I feel guilty about not having time to finish my books in a timely manner. (To me, "in a timely manner" means less than a week. Ideally, 2-4 days).

I reread a lot of books. They're like "comfort food" for my brain, like watching favorite movies over and over. At any point I might be in the middle of a bunch of them and randomly pick them up again to continue. However, if I'm reading a book for the first time I tend to focus on it until it's finished.

Too many!

Like Jennifer_C, I tend to reread books, so I'm always in the middle of something. Right now I'm rereading an old favorite, rereading a classic I'm teaching this quarter, and I'm about a third of the way into Pride and Prejudice and Zombies.

And then I'll pick up fast little graphic novels in between becuase I feel guilty about not having time to finish my books in a timely manner. (To me, "in a timely manner" means less than a week. Ideally, 2-4 days).

I'm the same. I'll read up to 8 books simultaniously. I also have many favourites that I read over and over. The older Stephen King novels, Noah Gordon, Ken Follett, Lynda La Plante, are all authors who's books I have read multiple times.

Only one at a time here, usually because I can't put it down. This is aside from reference books of course.

It's interesting that so many here reread books, because most people I know read a book once and then get rid of it. I like to reread books too, and consequently have a nice library of books.

Oh, I love rereads. I had a box of "keepers" in my Mom's home while I was in college, Well.....she DONATED them to the library.... I was sooooooooooo upset! She just didn't get the idea of re-reading a book.

I've since recollected some of those books.

It's interesting that so many here reread books, because most people I know read a book once and then get rid of it. I like to reread books too, and consequently have a nice library of books.

I think a lot of people do but I understand when folks don't get it. I usually come back with "well, don't you watch your favorite movies over and over" and it's a :bulb: moment. My bookshelves are also filled with books I like rereading. I tend to give away those I know I won't pick up again :smile: