My first BEC reveal! Casual Bag in aubergine sheen!

jenbur

Nov 9, 2010
Sorry! I don't have any creative title. I also am not sure how to thumbnail pics so that they aren't huge, so please forgive my ginormous pics. I received my bag a couple weeks ago and have carried her daily since. I adore the color and she is softening up and looking, well, more casual;) little by little! It is a casual bag in aubergine sheen, silver hw, and caramel lining. The caramel is more "coppery" than I expected but I love it with the aubergine. My only "downside" (if it's even a downside) is that I want the handles to be softer and broken in RIGHT NOW rather than new, but that's just me being silly.:P
camsfirstbusride009.jpg

camsfirstbusride011.jpg

What I carry on a daily basis inside her:
camsfirstbusride012.jpg

And of course, the gratuitous riding shotgun pic!
camsfirstbusride005.jpg

As many of you know, aubergine is just gorgeous. But super hard to capture the actual color in pics. Thankfully, my sweet friend, Hildie, had explained to me exactly how dark aubergine is irl and it is a wonderful neutral for me in fall and winter!

Thanks all!:smooch:

Moonfancy, I can carry it on my shoulder as long as I'm not wearing a heavy coat. But it is not as comfy on the shoulder as rolled handles are for me. I keep hoping with lots of love and use, the straps will soften enough that I can shoulder carry it more. I can also let the straps out one more hole, but I like the looks better if I don't.

Sorry! I don't have any creative title. I also am not sure how to thumbnail pics so that they aren't huge, so please forgive my ginormous pics. I received my bag a couple weeks ago and have carried her daily since. I adore the color and she is softening up and looking, well, more casual;) little by little! It is a casual bag in aubergine sheen, silver hw, and caramel lining. The caramel is more "coppery" than I expected but I love it with the aubergine. My only "downside" (if it's even a downside) is that I want the handles to be softer and broken in RIGHT NOW rather than new, but that's just me being silly.:P
camsfirstbusride009.jpg

camsfirstbusride011.jpg

What I carry on a daily basis inside her:
camsfirstbusride012.jpg

And of course, the gratuitous riding shotgun pic!
camsfirstbusride005.jpg

As many of you know, aubergine is just gorgeous. But super hard to capture the actual color in pics. Thankfully, my sweet friend, Hildie, had explained to me exactly how dark aubergine is irl and it is a wonderful neutral for me in fall and winter!

I am so glad the color works for you! She is beautiful dear friend!

Hi dear jenbur, Aubergine is one of my favorite all-time leathers. I think it just gets better and better too because as it ages it softens beautifully. The scent is quite yummy, isn't it??? :smile:

Enjoy your lovely handbag!

What a beauty of a bag!! I adore the aubergine leather...it looks wonderful in the casual bag!!

So glad your BEC has turned out so lovely!!

Enjoy!

I love the shotgun picture!

It looks gorgeous!! We'll be bag twins!!!The handles will soften up ..how fast is depending on the leather type, and the aubergine is a softer type of leather!

The bag looks even better than I could imagine ;)

It looks gorgeous!! We'll be bag twins!!!The handles will soften up ..how fast is depending on the leather type, and the aubergine is a softer type of leather!

The bag looks even better than I could imagine ;)

Bonnie, I'm so glad to hear they'll soften! I assumed they would, but it's better to "know" it.:smile: My new BE's have always been a matte leather, so this was new territory for me.

Thanks again, ladies, for sharing my excitement with me.

Jen, I never commented on this before although I have visited your thread quite a bit...I love the shotgun shot. Lovely colour! Make sure you spray the bag with a water repellant that has UV screen to protect the colour. I don't know how sunny the weather normally is where you live but it pays to be safe rather than sorry.