Would you be willing to do this for charity?

MeaganK

O.G.
Apr 9, 2011
Since were all really into fashion on here I thought this would be a cool place to ask this.

"I've had experience with this participating in and running a charity event and I'm wondering what others think. An event that we've found that works really well for charity fundraising is getting people messy - particularly slimed with like nickelodeon slime and/or hit with pies in the face. Of course the volunteer gets totally messy and so does their outfit. However it sort of makes sense, and I've now seen it in practice, that you can raise more money if the volunteer is dressed up in a nice, clean outfit, with makeup/hair done nicely. The more dressed up the better, especially when the outfit is really fashionable. So I'm wondering, if you volunteered to get slimed and pied, would you be willing to dress up: wear something nice (fashionable outfit, preferably with heels) and put a lot of effort into your appearance?"

So basically would you dress up to get messy for charity? Haha its actually not my question, I saw it on Yahoo Answers but its interesting. I definitely would but I don't know how dressed up I would get - like designer stuff or not..what do you guys think?

For charity? Of course! My outfit & heels wouldn't be over the top because I won't be sure exactly what kind of stuff they'll be throwing at me. I wouldn't invest a few hundreds on shoes and clothes, but I would find something pretty, classy, and hot at a fraction of a cost (that's possible where I live because we have a lot of these stores here - no high-brand names, but can be gorgeous if you're fashion savvy).

If you participate, post a before and after picture. I'm sure it would be fun, beside, it's for charity.

I think if I were to participate, I would buy a cheap but trendy outfit probably from forever21 so I don't feel bad for potentially ruining my other clothes.

Im trying to find a way to make money for charity and the one idea I found online is to havery an event where volunteers get "slimed"(covered in nickelodeon green slime) and people donate to watch or donate to see a certain person get messy. The idea was also that the volunteers be dressed up so it would be funnier to see them get slimed! Which I think is kind of cool since I love fashion and dressing up!

So yeah im wondering what you would wear for such an event? I assume the nicer the clothes the "victim" wears the more money raised aha :biggrin: What do you guys think?

Of course!! It's not like you can't just wash yourself when you're done. Come on now, it's only slime. Not bodily fluids (or worst!!) or anything!!

Ewww....haha don't even bring bodily fluids into this!!

I'm thinking of actually organizing something like this. I'm just not sure how much people should dress up / how nice of clothing they would be willing to wear..

Ewww....haha don't even bring bodily fluids into this!!

I'm thinking of actually organizing something like this. I'm just not sure how much people should dress up / how nice of clothing they would be willing to wear..

I'd wear something nice.. But something that is easy to wash and not needing to go to the dry cleaners. LOL!! And heels may be out of the question. If it's slimy and wet you may slip and have a law suit on your hands. I'd say flats are a safer bet. ;);)

I'd wear something nice.. But something that is easy to wash and not needing to go to the dry cleaners. LOL!! And heels may be out of the question. If it's slimy and wet you may slip and have a law suit on your hands. I'd say flats are a safer bet. ;);)

Haha you're right about heels. Although it'd be funnier if the person was wearing them lol!

Whats nice? Haha on this forum idk if nice can be forever21 or Gucci xD For getting messy, probably somewhere in between? lol!

I asked about this in another section and it seems people are pretty interested..Im trying to find a way to make money for charity and the one idea I found online is to havery an event where volunteers get "slimed"(covered in nickelodeon green slime) and people donate to watch or donate to see a certain person get messy. The idea was also that the volunteers be dressed up so it would be funnier to see them get slimed! Which I think is kind of cool since I love fashion and dressing up!

So yeah im wondering what you would wear for such an event? I assume the nicer the clothes the "victim" wears the more money raised aha What do you guys think?