Who has the softest leather?

LunaLove

@LunaPrat
Mar 15, 2011
I love soft leather. I adore it, I love the puddle it makes on a hobo, I love how broken in it feels. I LOVE LEATHER. :hbeat:

My favorite mushy leather bag is my Purple Hailey, its made by Coach and it has sentimental value, as well as the fact that I catch myself always touching it, like the sexy sassy man that he is. (I know its purple, but why do bags, cars, and objects we like always have to be she? So this Hailey is a sexy dude.) ;)

That being said, I am open to other brands, but unless they are over $1,500 I don't see a soft mushy leather like this. I don't recall what kind of leather it is. And my gf has a Givenchy that is crazy soft...but its so much money!

I have looked into Micheal Kors but...they seem to busy to me, the bags have too much going on...plus it is not as soft, it seems more rubbery, same for Cole Haan. Very soft! But I want baby butt soft. Haha

So my question is, who has the softest leather, that is more bang for buck, and what is the best "material" for soft leather? Is it calf? Nappa, so I know to keep an eye out! :graucho:

Chime in ladies & gents!

Attachments

• photo (4).JPG
    photo (4).JPG
    121.3 KB · Views: 4,270
I'd say Roots has the softest leather--- I've owned bags that retailed for $1000+ that couldn't compare to their leather. To be specific, their Prince leather line has the softest, smooshiest leather ever. And their price range is really reasonable too ($200-500).

The softest leather is lambskin or baby nappa. In the reasonable price range, I agree with the two posters above, Linea Pelle. I do not own one but I have felt the bags in the stores. Cole Hahn is another company that makes a buttery soft lambskin leather bag and very good quality. I was impressed touching the new Coach Lindsey handbag too!

Sometimes you might get lucky if you visit the BV outlets.

I wanted to add one more brand but I don't know if they are still in business or where to find it ~ Abaco. - The softest lambskin and very well made bags!

Chloe Paddington bags have incredibly soft leather. Some Balenciagas, too, but they aren't that consistent (I have 3 Balenciaga black bags and they all have different softness).

I would say look at Rebecca Minkoff, but their leather varies from style to style and season to season. Also Junior Drake has some amazing leather, but sometimes their bags are too busy. Olivia Harris has some amazing bubble lambskin that is super smooshy too.

I would say look at Rebecca Minkoff, but their leather varies from style to style and season to season. Also Junior Drake has some amazing leather, but sometimes their bags are too busy. Olivia Harris has some amazing bubble lambskin that is super smooshy too.

Definitely check out Junior Drake.