GST is matronly???

Sappho

O.G.
Mar 28, 2006
Okay, I have been going back and forth about which color GST I should get.....the white with silver hardware or the beige with gold hardware. Today I went to NMs and the SA, who was short and rude with me, told me that the GST is too matronly for me.....and that the beige with gold hardware is even worse of a color than the white, in terms of old-ladyness! So he was trying to convince me NOT to buy the GST!! He weirded me out and I left....confused about the GST. Matronly???? :wtf:

Believe me, I was outraged! I have seen so many pics of PFs rocking the bag!! He was against the bag in general, but the mention of beige with gold drove him nutty! What a weirdo!!

Why do some SA's voice their opinion like that? Wouldn't they want a sale? I too have had an SA criticize me on a bag choice and it was just frustrating. :cursing:

I absolutely love the GST's! I like them in any color. Heidi from the TV show The Hills rocks one and she is 20. I am just using that as am example, and not applying she is some huge style icon, but she looks great with her GST. I think it is a great classic bag that will always look good no matter what.

Completely disagree with the SA. I love the GST, and find it very fashionable no matter how old. Look at Heidi from the Hills rocking hers. I have seen so many young celebrities with the bag. I say go for it.

Maybe someone kicked him to the curb, who knows. Seriously though, that's extremely rude and distasteful, and the GST is far from matronly, please... you should get it if you like it, and definitely NOT from him, because rude SA's like that don't deserve your business! :smile:

Thats so funny you said that..this girl at the Chanel store where I live practically told me the same thing. She said this bag is "used by a lot of mothers." It weirded me out too.