medallion tote handles

calibabe742

Dec 21, 2007
Hi ladies,

I purchased my caviar medallion tote about 3 years ago and have used it on and off for some time. However, the handles dont stand straight up, they just kind of just fall to the side and it drives me nuts. Is this normal? Can i get them fixed?

I have mentioned this a lot here. If your Medallion is made in France, the handles will eventually flop down. They weren't made to stay stiff. If your Medallion is made in Italy, they stay standing up forever.

Unless you deliberately pull them down....

the handles on my medallion also fall to the side...it really doesn't bother me too much. I do believe it was made in France. I will confirm tomorrow.

My medallion tote is made in Italy and it is the older, stiffer caviar. The handles don't fall on the sides.I have read somewhere that, the newer made in France medallion tote tend to have softer handles than the ones made in Italy...

Thank you girls for replying, I have one Medallion tote in black with GHW that I absoloutely love. It was made in Italy and was wondering about the handles as they feel some what "loose" and my bag is only about 4 months old! But maybe thats because I do use it day in day out? Perhaps I need to baby my bags a little bit more to ensure longer bag life?

BUT, I was considering buying another one in brown (if I can find one in that colour)...but was in two minds as I really do not want floppy handles on two of my bags! I love the structured look!

Like you sheanabelle, I think I would be very sad to see my totes with floppy handles! :smile:

xox

I know!! HI!!!!! ever since i moved to nyc i have toned down the shopping & been MIA. but i'm currently recuping from a terrible case of appendicitis for 2 months so here I am!! miss you girls!
glad to hear you are feeling better...how is living in NYC compared to LA... I sure wish I could move somewhere.lol
good to see you around-- I miss all the "old heads" lol