Please help me decide which boots to get!

chicjean

O.G.
May 28, 2010
I'm looking to replace a pair of boots that I literally wore every day of fall/winter for the past four years. They were Coach motorcycle boots and I adore them, but after getting them re-soled so many times, they've decided to die :sad:

After tons and tons of looking, I've narrowed it down to two pairs of boots. I'm hoping to invest about $300 and have them last me about as long as my Coach boots or, preferably, longer.

Here are my two choices. I like the simplicity of the Ash boots, but am hesitant because I don't know how well they'll hold up over a long time (Reviews on Shopbop, Saks and Bloomingdales are better than this Endless one...). I know that Frye has a reputation for lasting ages, but I'm not crazy about the brass hardware- I'm more of a gunmetal girl.

Ash Scott Boots: http://www.endless.com/dp/B004ZW9LS...e=395033&linkCode=asn&creativeASIN=B004ZW9LSQ
1216965_fpxtif.jpg

Frye Veronica Slouch Boots: http://www.zappos.com/frye-veronica-slouch
4974-272741-p.jpg

What do you think?

Thanks in advance :smile:

PS: I guess I should mention that I live where it snows and plan on wearing them out in the snow and slush.

Last edited:
Frye! I just got the Frye Melissa button and they are GREAT. If you don't like the big buckle on the Veronica's have you seen the Melissa? :smile: it comes in all colors too.

Thanks all!!! I'm thinking I'll get the Frye's.

I'm a little bummed though, both Endless and Bloomingdale's are doing their Friends and Family 20% off, but it doesn't apply to Frye boots on Endless and Bloomindale's is sold out in my size :sad:

I would go with the Ash because they have higher (16") shaft oppose to the Frye which is only 13". I don't know about you but this makes big difference for me. :smile:

Because I'm planning to order them online, Endless does free shipping and free returns... I'm thinking I'll just order both and decide then. I'm pretty tall and that's a good point- something I totally overlooked, but is seriously a HUGE peeve of mine.

why not get another coach?

I just don't really like any of the styles that they released this season :sad:

Because I'm planning to order them online, Endless does free shipping and free returns... I'm thinking I'll just order both and decide then. I'm pretty tall and that's a good point- something I totally overlooked, but is seriously a HUGE peeve of mine.

I just don't really like any of the styles that they released this season :sad:

that's too bad, cuz I'm not a fan of either of the boots..