Celebs May Have Been Exposed To Hepatitis A

Jan 23, 2006

According to TMZ, an urgent warning
has been issued by the Health Department, warning the star-studded crowd who attended the Sports Illustrated Swimsuit Issue party may have been exposed to
acute hepatitis A.

According to TMZ, an urgent warning
has been issued by the Health Department, warning the star-studded crowd who attended the Sports Illustrated Swimsuit Issue party may have been exposed to
acute hepatitis A.
The list of possibly exposed guests: Beyonce Knowles, Leonardo DiCaprio's girlfriend Bar Rafaeli, and dozens of bikini models.
The Los Angeles County Department of Public Health confirmed that an employee of Wolfgang Puck Catering was recently diagnosed with the disease, and has strongly urged anyone who attended the SI party, or any of the 13 other events catered by Puck between Feb. 1 - 20, to get an immune globulin shot by tomorrow to prevent illness.

How could Wolfgang Puck allow someone like that to cook in his kitchens! Plus it says "or any of the 13 other events catered by Puck between Feb. 1 - 20". That is a lot of parties which probably include pre-oscar parties. I hope not a lot of people got affected.

I hate when articles don't give you all the information! They make it sound like Hepatitis A is some sort of death sentence and it's really not. (It's probably going to be just a little inconvenient for a while.)

Hepatitis means inflammation of the liver caused by a virus.

Hepatitis A is viral hepatitis caused by the hepatitis A virus (HAV). It is a benign disorder spread by contaminated food or water and characterized by slow onset of symptoms. Complete recovery is expected.

Still, I hope everybody gets checked out.