Looking for good plastic surgeons in Seoul?

xvx666

Jun 26, 2011
Hello Everyone,

Just wanna share my experience with this clinic I went to.

Currently I'm on my 4th day of post surgery. I got my nose (Septal cartilage, lengthening, silicone implant and alar base) and eyes (double eyelid) at ITEM Clinic.

Like most of you, I've actually considered going to BK and actually have met Dr Kim in person once. Even booked my consultation and ALMOST book my surgery. But I am really glad I met Elaine. She let me know about ITEM clinic and suggest I meet up with the doctors for consultation.

So I met Dr Kim Jinsung (Former BK plastic surgeon, now director of ITEM Clinic) who is specialized in doing face contouring and nose jobs. He speaks english so there is no communication breakdown. And I am really really comfortable with him and he isnt pushy. He suggested what should be done and what shouldnt be done. He is also very detailed and patient. Later on, I also met Dr Chung Woojin (Former BK plastic surgeon, now director of ITEM Clinic) who is specialized in eyes and facelifting. He too, speaks english and also there isnt any communication breakdown. I'm sure thats what most of us look for when most of us doesnt speak fluent korean. And it is VERY VERY important to let the doctors know what is your desired look. Dr Chung Woojin is also a very nice person. Honestly, I couldnt ask for more. Both doctors are really friendly and down to earth, you dont feel like they are doing "sales", they dont get pushy, they listen to your needs and explain everything that they can do and what they cant. And most importantly, they are sincere. You will know that they are not after your money.

As compared to the consultation I had with Dr Kim from BK and the two doctors from ITEM, I am extremely comfortable with both two doctors as compared to Dr Kim from BK. If you are looking for attentively, not pushy, truthful and detailed doctors, ITEM has got them.

When I reached ITEM clinic, the nurses were very welcoming. Even though they cant speak english/chinese fluently, they still try to help. Also, there's a nurse who knows how to speak chinese, so dont worry. Before I had my surgery, I met the doctors again and they explained to me what they will do to me again and ask if I have any questions or doubts. After my surgery I was ushered to the recovery room to rest until I am feeling better. The nurses kept coming in to check on me. And then I was told that I can go back to the hotel and rest. One of the nurses even followed me to the taxi and make sure I was alright which is very sweet of her.

I was told to go back to the clinic next day to clean up my wound, and the doctors came to see me. They showed their concern and told me when I can expect to have my cast and stitches removed and why am I experiencing some kind of discomfort breathing (due to my nose job). I never have a doubt about these doctors because even when I don't question them, they fill in almost every details they can to make sure you feel secure with them. I didnt enter the operating room with question marks in my mind which I am very glad about.

I went back to the clinic on my 3rd day to get my wounds cleaned up and funny thing was, I was at the subway and this ajumma approached me and asked me for directions and saw my eyes and she said its pretty. It still look swollen and a little bruised but I trust my doctors and I wont doubt her :P

I'm going to visit the clinic tomorrow again and honestly, I am really really really glad I made the right choice. I'm so happy I get to know Elaine. If not for her, I wont be able to have know about this clinic. Even my mom who have consulted with Dr Kim from BK and the two doctors from ITEM, she too felt that the other two doctors were more sincere and truthful.

PS: I DIDNT GET PAID TO WRITE THIS MUCH. THIS IS BASED ON MY OWN EXPERIENCE AND THIS IS ALL COMING FROM MY HEART :smile:

www.itemclinic.com (LOOK AT ALL THE BEAUTIFUL AFTER PHOTOS!)
The website is in Korean, if you do not know where to see the photos. Go to the right hand side that reads "포토갤러리".

If you have any questions regarding the surgeries, email Elaine at [email protected]

also how long it last? is silicon save? I dont want to get revision every couple year!

I just want to get it done for lifetime! finance is not a problem!

I think it all varies to each individuals. How your body reacts to your new nose and the material. There are people who chose goretex to silicone. But there are also pros and cons to each material. It is best to consult a doctor regarding the materials you are using for your nose.

Regarding revision, there are people who settle down because they are already happy with their 1st nose job while others isnt happy with it or would like to enchance it even more. And the aftercare is very important to have a smooth recovery for your nose.

I think it all varies to each individuals. How your body reacts to your new nose and the material. There are people who chose goretex to silicone. But there are also pros and cons to each material. It is best to consult a doctor regarding the materials you are using for your nose.

Regarding revision, there are people who settle down because they are already happy with their 1st nose job while others isnt happy with it or would like to enchance it even more. And the aftercare is very important to have a smooth recovery for your nose.

xvx666 : Seen your photos that you have sent me. You are so pretty! Envy.
Heading to korea on the 13th Oct. God bless me!

Which clinic are you going to? What's your email? I kinda forget who you are haha and thanks im sure you will get good results if you chose the right doctor :smile:

Its ok. my email is xxx
:smile:
Seriously, there are too many clinics out there man. Make me hesistating which one to go to. Its like different clinics got their own speciality in certain surgeries.

Last edited by a moderator:
Its ok. my email is xxx
:smile:
Seriously, there are too many clinics out there man. Make me hesistating which one to go to. Its like different clinics got their own speciality in certain surgeries.

okay I remember now haha. yeah what procedures are you gonna get?

Last edited by a moderator: