I can't believe they let me do this, and this is why I love Tiffany

photoD.jpg

Now I know from these picture the 1.2 looks huge and the color is very intense compared to the 1.16 even though they were both graded FI/VS, and since I was dealing with only a price difference of $600, it was a no brainer to get the 1.20 as suggested by my SA. Though it was a very difficult decision for me because while I wanted a bigger soleste, I still want the ring to look delicate and for some reason, to me the 1.20 seemed a little too bulky and since the dimension was a perfect square 6.10*6.09, it almost looked like a princess cut from afar. Don't get me wrong though, I personally prefer a more square cushion as opposed to a more rectangular one. So all of these rings are closer to a square in dimension. My SA was very patient and called a manager who had similar finger size to try on the rings for me and once I saw the rings on her hand, I knew I had to go with the 1.16. It just looked so delicate and beautifully made. Crazy decision but who says bigger is always better, well at least not to me in this case so I ended up with the 1.16 :biggrin:

oooh lovely! so they let you exchange it right there and then!? that's amazing!

Yes to avoid all the trouble with the upgrade, they let me exchange it right then and there, my ring is pretty worn too and they did not penalize me with having to resize the ring... I asked my SA what they are going to do with my Soleste and she said they will delete it from the Tiffany system and send it off to a secondary market.

Now I know from these picture the 1.2 looks huge and the color is very intense compared to the 1.16 even though they were both graded FI/VS, and since I was dealing with only a price difference of $600, it was a no brainer to get the 1.20 as suggested by my SA. Though it was a very difficult decision for me because while I wanted a bigger soleste, I still want the ring to look delicate and for some reason, to me the 1.20 seemed a little too bulky and since the dimension was a perfect square 6.10*6.09, it almost looked like a princess cut from afar. Don't get me wrong though, I personally prefer a more square cushion as opposed to a more rectangular one. So all of these rings are closer to a square in dimension. My SA was very patient and called a manager who had similar finger size to try on the rings for me and once I saw the rings on her hand, I knew I had to go with the 1.16. It just looked so delicate and beautifully made. Crazy decision but who says bigger is always better, well at least not to me in this case so I ended up with the 1.16 :biggrin:

You made a great decision!!!

well chosen. And can I just say...this photo is insane!! It's soleste overload!
*goes to breath into a paper bag*

:roflmfao: haha, yup, thanks. My SA actually had a total of 5 solestes for me to try on and I just took one look at the other 3 and moved on because they were all rectangular shape. Tiffany is really great, not only my SA, but everyone else in there was super helpful as I requested to see the 3 rings in natural lighting, wanted all the rings to be cleaned first before comparison and they were super accomodating.

Yes to avoid all the trouble with the upgrade, they let me exchange it right then and there, my ring is pretty worn too and they did not penalize me with having to resize the ring... I asked my SA what they are going to do with my Soleste and she said they will delete it from the Tiffany system and send it off to a secondary market.
hmm I would love to get my hands on the information in regards to where this secondary market is!!!