Do you guys wear 24k or 21k jewlery???

Bagluvluv

ALMA HUNTER
O.G.
Aug 16, 2006
I have just a couple but I really am enjoying them......they are not as soft as I thought but they do get their dings here and there...

I started to wear them when I injured my wrist and it didnt feel any better...someone suggested wearing the 24k and....I know this sounds crazy...but it did get better...

Now I do wear them when I feel alittle tired or feeling a bit under the whether...I really like how they look now, but it did take a long while to get used to it....

Share yours with me!!!!:yes:

Attachments

• DSCF0015.JPG
    DSCF0015.JPG
    29.1 KB · Views: 900
I have 24 Karat Gold jewelry some antique and some newer. My antique pieces are really worn since it is so soft. Mine are all Chinese pieces some set with jade. I don't wear them too much since my Ering and Wedding rings are platinum. I'll take them out for special occasions though.

I had a 24 ct ring I got a few years ago. I loved all the dings in it! It's with a friend of mine that loves gold--I don't wear much of it myself--so it went to a good home.

I love 24K. I have a few pieces (a ring and a pair of earrings); I would love to have more. It's such a good contrast with platinum and white gold. I've been a white metal gal for the longest time...A few years ago I put on a piece of 24K and became hooked...It's like wearing little pieces of sunshine...it glows.:love: It also makes 14K yellow gold look really dull...:rolleyes: I no longer liked the way my 14K looked.:lol:

I love 24K. I have a few pieces (a ring and a pair of earrings); I would love to have more. It's such a good contrast with platinum and white gold. I've been a white metal gal for the longest time...A few years ago I put on a piece of 24K and became hooked...It's like wearing little pieces of sunshine...it glows.:love: It also makes 14K yellow gold look really dull...:rolleyes: I no longer liked the way my 14K looked.:lol:

Yup! Exactly....When it comes to gold...the 24k really does have that glow!!! Now I do want more pieces but its hard see nice desgins in this carat weight...but Im looking still.....

ohh pretty pretty....all of my indian jewlery is 24 or 22 kt and i loveeeeee it! to me anything less than that is not worth the price :smile:

I still remember going to india one year and my mom wanted to melt some of her sets (a necklace, earrings and sometimes bangles) and make something new of it....it was SOOO cool! The guy stright up heated up the jewerly and because it was all 24/22 kts there was very few additives that burnt off and the gold liquid formed nicely into a bar which he later used on more jewlery!

very very interesting, wish i took my camera!!!

the only time i would buy something less than 22 kt is if it is designer (all of my gucci stuff is only 18 :sad: ) ...but if its just a ring then to me it doesnt make sense to pay soooo damn much for 14kts!!!! like you can get SOO much better for the same value, makes me sad that a lot of people dont know that!

ohh pretty pretty....all of my indian jewlery is 24 or 22 kt and i loveeeeee it! to me anything less than that is not worth the price :smile:

I still remember going to india one year and my mom wanted to melt some of her sets (a necklace, earrings and sometimes bangles) and make something new of it....it was SOOO cool! The guy stright up heated up the jewerly and because it was all 24/22 kts there was very few additives that burnt off and the gold liquid formed nicely into a bar which he later used on more jewlery!

very very interesting, wish i took my camera!!!

the only time i would buy something less than 22 kt is if it is designer (all of my gucci stuff is only 18 :sad: ) ...but if its just a ring then to me it doesnt make sense to pay soooo damn much for 14kts!!!! like you can get SOO much better for the same value, makes me sad that a lot of people dont know that!

Alot of the Asian countries do this...I know that in Korea, its traditional to give 24k gold little pigs to a 1 yr olds b-day as good luck and prosperity....

So they receive many of them and when the child gets older, they melt it down to make a bracelet, ring or whatever as a keepsake...

I wish they did that here is the states too.....:P