If you go LE, do you ever go back to the 'normal mainstream'?

LoVeMyLV

Feb 23, 2007
This is my first thread ! :yahoo:

Anyway, I've noticed that alot of girls get all these amazing LE bags and seek out those bags in the future when they become available.

But once you shop for LE bags, do you ever go and buy 'mainstream' bags like the Damier or Mono, or do you just stick to the $$$ & limited? :shrugs:

Just curious ! (and no offense to mainstream bag buyers, your bags are GORGEOUS ! I'm equally jealous!:nuts:)

Although I am torn whether or not I want to keep my Monogram Riveting which I believe is LE or Seasonal - whichever..., I don't seem to feel the same about the "mainstream" bags which I once lusted over... I still would like a few of them like the mini lin speedy and suhali lockit; however, since they ARE permanent, I'm not as interested:s. I'm looking forward to the next "LE's" and my ultimate prize would be the Oskar Waltz!!!! (Some day anyway, perhaps when I win the lottery.)

Congrats! I have a mix..I have one more rare LE bag (the denim chinchilla demi lune) and the rest are Limited Run bags like Perfo, Charms, Cerises, Graffiti, various Vernis colors, CB etc. mixed in with the more permanent bags. I have more LR bags than I do of anything else though.

Hmm. That's something I was thinking about just the other night. I have a few LE/Seasonal bags and I love them because of their unique look. I was looking at my collection and thought of getting a new Mono bag to add as a staple piece since I have tons of trendy pieces but for some reason I couldn't go through with it. I am kind of turned off by Mono now. But I do LOVE Suhali which is a permanent line, I think it has more to do with how my style and taste has changed than if the bag is readily available in the stores.

^^ I totally know where you're coming from ! The Suhali, although not LE, is like a total 'dream' line for me. I think it's b/c I'm attracted to anything $$$! lol

I guess what I am sensing is that those that do go LE, tend to have more LE than mainstream bags....? :shrugs:

I am really into LE bags and less common regular line bags. I am less and less attracted to monogram nowadays except for certain, less common styles. Mizi, manhattan, stephen to name a few.....oh and Oscar Waltz (that counts as mono, right?)

So to answer your question I think I go back forth. I don't think I could ever completely quit mono all together. I would just get bored by sticking strictly with it. Gotta mix it up a little I guess.