Vote for your favorite hairstyle!

acegirl

Apr 27, 2006
Well, I broke... after growing my pixie out into a bob for the last 7-8 months, I'm officially bored with it. The bob just isn't as exciting to me as I thought it would be. I like to be a little "crazy" with my hair (not strange, just a little different) I had a short blond messy pixie for years & it was my "signature" so to speak. Since I do have some longer layers, I thought of doing something just a tad different than going back to my exact old hairstyle. I love both these cuts & can decide which way to go. I know they are somewhat similar. Can you all let me know which you like best? Thanks!

mrDC_92187-1.jpg

style_19.jpg

LOVE the first cut, it is really cool. I am now thinking of letting my hair grow out a bit to have that long bang on one side. I tried to let my hair grow out for a few months and just had it cut back to the short blond pixie cut, think short Sharon Stone hair cut.....this is the look I always go back to. The pictures you posted are great but I really think cut one and more of a edge to it, yet the shape is still cute.

LOVE the first cut, it is really cool. I am now thinking of letting my hair grow out a bit to have that long bang on one side. I tried to let my hair grow out for a few months and just had it cut back to the short blond pixie cut, think short Sharon Stone hair cut.....this is the look I always go back to. The pictures you posted are great but I really think cut one and more of a edge to it, yet the shape is still cute.

Yes, the "Sharon Stone" was my cut too.. I thought of your post when I broke down the other night & told my husband, I'm ready to chop this off! LOL

Theyr'e very similar - the first is just a bit shorter, no? That's sort of how I had my hair at my wedding... 8-9 yrs. ago. I absolutely LOVE it. Just that short cuts become such a PITA b/c you have to go back every 4-5 weeks for trims.

Gorgeous! You'll look awesome.

Theyr'e very similar - the first is just a bit shorter, no? That's sort of how I had my hair at my wedding... 8-9 yrs. ago. I absolutely LOVE it. Just that short cuts become such a PITA b/c you have to go back every 4-5 weeks for trims.

Gorgeous! You'll look awesome.

Awww thanks:shame: Yes, the layers are similar. The first one is a bit shorter on sides & back & she doesn't have her layers as messy as the 2nd pic. Right now I'm going every 4 weeks to the back of mine cut to keep the bob in shape. It ended up being no easier mantainence than my pixie:Push:

Here are a few other cute cuts I have saved in Photobucket (yes, I'm pathetic:P ) if anyone is interested...

hair-style-short-14.jpg

haircut10.jpg

mrDC_6546.jpg

normal_p302.jpg

p257.jpg

^ LOL! That is Tammy Lynn Michaels (Melissa Ethridge's partner)way back when she was on the show "Popular". It was SO cute then. She now has grown it out & to me it just looks BLAH. That is the EXACT picture I took to my stylist when I first went to go short! I wish these celebrities with the awesome short cuts would stick with them. They always immediately grow them out after getting it cut. Long hair isn't always best!

Why is it so hard for us let our hair grow out???? My friends laugh at me each time I say "I am thinking of growing my hair longer", because they know I will not last. I just dyed mine super blond and with the short sharon stone cut it really feels great. I also stocked up on my Bumble and Bumble products, love their shampoo and conditioner but can't live without their Surf Spray--I just scrunch my hair and let it be. So I get that messy look. I do try to get it cut every 5 weeks to keep the shape. Thanks for posting the pictures of the other cuts, I also save pictures and am happy to see others do this........... But that first cut is just so perfect---I say go for it and tell us how it comes out.....................

My DH does the same.. Just rolls his eyes:rolleyes: Luckily, he prefers me in short hair too (I was the first girl with short hair that he ever dated, LOL) I did really good this time, never made it to 7 (almost 8) months of growing out before. I guess in my heart, I'm just a short hair gal. If you've ever had short hair & really rocked it, I think it would be really hard to go back to long, like in our case! You should post pics of your new cut~ sounds awesome!

I have my monthly salon appt. on Monday. That's the big day~ I'll let you all know what I end up with, LOL!

Why is it so hard for us let our hair grow out???? My friends laugh at me each time I say "I am thinking of growing my hair longer", because they know I will not last. I just dyed mine super blond and with the short sharon stone cut it really feels great. I also stocked up on my Bumble and Bumble products, love their shampoo and conditioner but can't live without their Surf Spray--I just scrunch my hair and let it be. So I get that messy look. I do try to get it cut every 5 weeks to keep the shape. Thanks for posting the pictures of the other cuts, I also save pictures and am happy to see others do this........... But that first cut is just so perfect---I say go for it and tell us how it comes out.....................