I have a sniffing problem

Ilikemike65

Time for me to fly..
Dec 31, 2006
I just went to the Fashion Show Mall yesterday with my 12 year old daughter. We hit Nordie's, Saks, and Neiman Marcus. I'm afraid I totally embarrassed my daughter by smelling all of the purses. She said at one point when I reached for a Balenciaga, "Oh gosh Mom, please don't smell it!". I couldn't help myself. It was so bad that even the SA's at Saks explained to her that it's normal to smell the bags and the leather. He even told her that her canvas Coach bag doesn't smell good so that is why she doesn't spent time sniffing it!!!hehehe I had to laugh!

Most parents are an embarrassment to their children because they dress funny, listen to funny music, or act dorkish. I embarrass my daughter because I sniff my Chloe'!:wlae:

I love the smell of good leather. I do try not to "smell" in public though. :roflmfao:
My problem is I like to Pet my bags. A soft leather or fur bag....yep, big problem. :shame:

How does everyone manage not to do it in public? I must really look like an idiot. Seriously, I was hoping for the response, "Hey B, you're normal!! I do that all the time!" You know, kinda how we talk each other out of buyer's remorse and talk each other into bags that are like....uummmm....2 mortgage payments.....you know. Hey, I'm not feelin' the love!!:roflmfao:

Hooray! I'm not the only one! I am going to show this post to my mom and my boyfriend, because I have the same problem and they think I'm crazy.
They give me weird looks and sort of move away from me whenever we're in a shoe store, book store, or handbag section of a store because I smell all of those items. I know it's weird, but I do it without even realizing that I'm doing it (only once I notice someone looking at me funny do I realize that I just stuck my nose in a shoe). Hey, the sense of smell is a beautiful thing. Why waste it, right? ;)

Hooray! I'm not the only one! I am going to show this post to my mom and my boyfriend, because I have the same problem and they think I'm crazy.
They give me weird looks and sort of move away from me whenever we're in a shoe store, book store, or handbag section of a store because I smell all of those items. I know it's weird, but I do it without even realizing that I'm doing it (only once I notice someone looking at me funny do I realize that I just stuck my nose in a shoe). Hey, the sense of smell is a beautiful thing. Why waste it, right? ;)

Funny stuff!! Tell your mom and your b/f that the SA's said it was perfectly normal and that people do it all the time. But I agree with you that you don't even realize you're doing it until you do it. The handsome, older gentleman SA at Neiman's told my daughter, "Great leather smells good! You should love that smell." Maybe she's learning things she shouldn't at 12 haha...........her friends all shop at Hollister yet, she wants to check out Louis Vuitton. She's a smart girl who will grow up, get a good education and be able to provide for herself............if not, good thing she's cute!:yahoo: