Getting in and out of the Kristin hobo...wish I could return her!

Crystalina

O.G.
Mar 22, 2007
Ok, let me preface this by saying I love the overall look of the Kristin Hobo.

I have the large one in Marine. The color is BEAUTIFUL and the design is very feminine, not too casual, not to dressy...just right!

The pocket with the adorable gold clasp on the front of the bag is my favorite part.

BUT...............(and this is a big BUT......)

I find it so hard to get my things in and out of this bag! First off, the zipper follows the lines of the bag, so it's kind of like a smiley face and zipping it all the way ''up'' to the outer corners is necessary for me to create a hole big enough to see my stuff and get it out, yet it''s difficult to unzipper it with one hand because it requires force to open it up all the way to the corner.

Secondly, and this is my biggest gripe of all, the shoulder strap with the heavy hardward is always in the way, flopping over the bag once I finally have it unzipped, making it annoying to work around it to get stuff out, and crushes the top of the bag (thus disfiguring the hobo shape).

Am I just super picky or does anyone else feel this way?

I originally bought the Kristin Zip Top Tote in marine but returned her for the hobo b/c I thought the tote was too long E/W and also a bit matronly.

UGH!

I have the Kristin Spectator hobo in grey, and love it. I don't seem to have any problems at all, but i do know what you are talking about, but it doesn't bother me at all. Hope you can work it out.

I agree about getting in and out of the New Kristin Hobo's...I have the Pale Pink and love her:smile: Its almost time consuming trying to get into my hobo when I need something quick!
But I'm using my Audrey Inlaid N/S Tote and I Love how I can get in and out of this bag!!I just leave it unzipped, unless I'm in a place where it has to be secured!!

That is why I sold both of my Kristin hobos.

I am really sad about this and I don't want to have to sell her but jeesh, it's annoying!

Hobos are one of my favorite bag styles and I have NEVER had this problem with a hobo before.

This is also my first Coach bag, and I'm somewhat disappointed that it's not friendlier to use. Maybe it's just me, though, I don't know. LOL!

I agree about getting in and out of the New Kristin Hobo's...I have the Pale Pink and love her:smile: Its almost time consuming trying to get into my hobo when I need something quick!
But I'm using my Audrey Inlaid N/S Tote and I Love how I can get in and out of this bag!!I just leave it unzipped, unless I'm in a place where it has to be secured!!

Ha ha! Yes, I agree, it IS time consuming! LOL

^ JMO but I don't think that is right...at all. There is nothing wrong with the bag so they should not have to suck up the loss. We all learn the hard way what works for us. You may just need to sell on Bonanza or evil bay and chalk it up to a lesson learned. Think we've all been there. I know I have.

is the zipper defective? if it is, then you should be able to return it and get something else. maybe somethings wrong with the zipper. I have several of the kristin hobos and I don't have any problem with mine at all.

No, nothing is wrong with the zipper. The bag is fine, it's just hard to get your stuff in and out.

Ok, so I will use her a few more times and maybe reduce the contents of the bag a bit, since I LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVE this color and the ''look'' of the bag.

If, after a week or so, I still can't get over the functional issues, then I will sell her, despite how much I like the way she looks from the outside.

*sigh*

And if you are reading this Coach designers, lighter hardware or less hardware around the zipper area.

I had a lot of problems with the zipper when I first got mine. I've had i for about a month and now the zipper is broken in and nice and smooth. I'm not sure what you're talking about with the strap...is the shorter or longer strap getting in the way? I was having problems with the shorter strap getting in the way while wearing it crossbody. I then attached the long strap so it was in front of the short strap (farther from the body) and that made it a little better. Does that make sense?

Thank you everyone for your input and suggestions.

Admitedly, I have fair amount of stuff in the bag, so I will pick what I REALLY need in the bag.

Then I will try detaching the strap and also try putting the strap in front (thank you mandy and lovemyzoes for your ideas).

I only have four things really in my large hobo so I find it easy to get what I want out. The zipper is not the easiest for sure but I love the look of mine and can't imagine selling it.

I hope you find a solution that works great for you.