Which one is the right new red?

ibiza

O.G.
Sep 15, 2006
Now that March is coming..I'd like to finalise my decision whether to get the new red Classic Flap..
My question is..does anyone know which one of the pics(1st, 2nd or 3rd pic??) previously posted by the tpf members here is the closest to the new red? Cos I saw on the 3rd pic (from the mag) the colour is very deep red and others not.. So I'm just wondering if it's just the magazine printing..:confused1:

Secondly..besides being scratch-prone, does anyone know if lambskin in red would show stains easily?

Thank you in advance..
Cheers! :smile:

Attachments

• ChaneltrunkSP07014.jpg
    ChaneltrunkSP07014.jpg
    128.3 KB · Views: 173
  • chanel03.jpg
    chanel03.jpg
    116.3 KB · Views: 160
  • Chanel%20red%20flap02.JPG
    Chanel%20red%20flap02.JPG
    103.7 KB · Views: 200
I want to say the third one but I am not sure. Either way red is going to be gorgeous! I know lambskin scratches VERY easily...even from just a nick of a fingernail, yikes! Good luck!!!!

I saw on the 3rd pic (from the mag) the colour is very deep red and others not.. So I'm just wondering if it's just the magazine printing..:confused1:

attachment.php

Well, I'm the one who posted that pic from In Style. It was tiny in the magazine, but I blew it way up so we all could see the bag. It's hard to know how accurate the color is because of the printing process. I might be more inclined to think that the IRL photos are closer to the true red. (Reds can be so tough to photograph, in any event. It pays to see it yourself, if you can.)

Even though I like the deeper tones better, I am guessing that the first photo is closer to the real thing since it is IRL, but even so that one was probably taken w/ flash and that distorts color. Magazines photoshop/edit everything for the best visual so colors can be really hard to judge . . . but I bet it is a gorgeous bag although you're right w/ lambskin it will need lots of TLC :heart: post pix if you get it!

Well, I'm the one who posted that pic from In Style. It was tiny in the magazine, but I blew it way up so we all could see the bag. It's hard to know how accurate the color is because of the printing process. I might be more inclined to think that the IRL photos are closer to the true red. (Reds can be so tough to photograph, in any event. It pays to see it yourself, if you can.)

True..true..red can be tough to photograph..:yes:
I guess the best for me to know is to see the bag in person once it's out..
But I hate the thought of entering there leaving empty-handed should it not be the red that I like.. That's the reason why I prefer to try find out first which is the closest tone..:P

Even though I like the deeper tones better, I am guessing that the first photo is closer to the real thing since it is IRL, but even so that one was probably taken w/ flash and that distorts color. Magazines photoshop/edit everything for the best visual so colors can be really hard to judge . . . but I bet it is a gorgeous bag although you're right w/ lambskin it will need lots of TLC :heart: post pix if you get it!

I still wouldn't mind if it's the 1st pic..cos it's still slightly deep tone - tho not as deep as on the 3rd pic..which is super-gorgeous!:heart:
But then again, yeah you are right.. Magazine usually do alot of editing to have the best visual..

The red on the 2nd pic is the one I like least cos I don't really like "orangey-red".. Just my opinion..:P

i would have to say picture #1. i have seen it and indeed its a beautiful color of a trye red with blue undertones. the chain on it is unbelievably stunning. its was caught my eye. i am definitely waitlisted and will definitely get one as to i have been on the hunt for a true red for a very long time. i have selected the caviar leather. while the color shows better on the lambskin, lambskin does scratch easily and will show stains too. on the caviar leather, it is sooo durable and i will not have to worry about babying the bag. the leather choice is really a matter of preference.
let us know what you decide on. best of luck to you.

Thanks Cosmopolitan, :smile:
that's exactly what I was going to say to answer to absolutanne..:yes:

doulosforhim,
Now you got me all excited!!
I would love to get it if it's like in pic 1..:nuts:
I should call Chanel tomorrow!:wlae: