Mary-Kate Olsen on Chanel

May 23, 2006
This is the back page of today's The New York Times Style Magazine / Women's Fashion Spring 2007 issue.

attachment.php
attachment.php

February 25, 2007
Timeless
Brand Loyalty

By MARY-KATE OLSEN

I have a large, red quilted Chanel bag that I borrowed from my sister Ashley. I wore it to an event and never gave it back. Luckily, she's moved on to another bag, so I'm safe for now. I'm not quite sure how many bags I have, but let's just say I have a few. When I find a bag I like, I tend to wear it to death until I become obsessed with another one. This probably happens three to five times a year. But I always come back to the Chanel. The size isn't overwhelming, and it has enough subtle detail to keep it interesting. I also have the smaller version in blue and in white, but the red is definitely my favorite. I don't have a stylist — I'd rather just do my own thing and put together my own outfits. The chain-handle bag is the perfect accent to almost any combination I come up with. I look at everything with a designer's eye, but I wouldn't change a thing about this bag. I think that's why it's a true classic.

http://www.nytimes.com/2007/02/25/style/tmagazine/25ttimeless.html?_r=1&oref=slogin

Attachments

• Chanel NYT.JPG
    Chanel NYT.JPG
    24.4 KB · Views: 999
  • Chanel NYT closeup.JPG
    Chanel NYT closeup.JPG
    46.1 KB · Views: 936
Fellow tPFers, on the last page of the NY Times Fashion Magazine today, Sunday, Feb. 25, (filled with glorious photos and ideas!), Mary Kate Olsen tells of how she acquired her first Chanel bag (borrowed from her sister, Ashley). She says that "red" is her favorite flap, and that it is a "true classic." MK says, "When I find a bag I like, I tend to wear it to death until I become obsessed with another one...But I always come back to the Chanel."

How do you all feel about that? Do you agree with MK? Do you always come back to Chanel?

Thanks for posting! I probably would have missed that since I read the Times online. That red jumbo flap she has is gorgeous. :love: It's what made me want to get a red one.

I think MK has hit the nail on the head about Chanel, no matter how many 'trendy' bags come and go for myself and many others in this forum Chanel will forever be our classic!
xxxRosexxx

Thanks for posting! A lot of young stars seem devoted to Chanel... Mischa Barton, for example. In Style Magazine (March) ran a little blurb about how she owns 15... seems like way more than 15 when looking through paparazzi pictures!

By MARY-KATE OLSEN

When I find a bag I like, I tend to wear it to death until I become obsessed with another one. This probably happens three to five times a year. But I always come back to the Chanel.
How can she wear a bag "to death" if she is replacing it with another bag 3 -5 times a year? She's using a bag for 3 months tops, before moving on to the next one. Is that really wearing a bag to death? (I think I'm too old to appreciate the Olsen twins. :rolleyes: )

Thanks for posting! A lot of young stars seem devoted to Chanel... Mischa Barton, for example. In Style Magazine (March) ran a little blurb about how she owns 15... seems like way more than 15 when looking through paparazzi pictures!

I would have thought Mischa would have way more than 15 Chanel handbags!! I have 13 and I sure would have guessed she would own at least double that. Like you said all the pics I see in mags she seems to always be carrying a different bag.

I was really suprised too when I read Mischa owns only 15 Chanels? I can buy nearly that many chanels in a year! She has a diff one in every photo? And I read a few yrs ago when she first came out in OC that she's been collecting them for a while? And since she seems to be the unofficial spokesperson for chanel w/ the younger gen I would assume she gets tons for free, just for the publicity.

Personally, I think stars like to downplay their extravagence/ high maintenance. Like when they claim the don't diet and work out religiously.

Yeah right, to us mere mortals u have to do some watching what u eat and exercise (except those who are naturally slim) to not balloon out of control.:P