Gelish, soak off gel polish

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kandy, if you do the four fingers and opposite thumb at the same time I'm thinking that you can muck up one of the fingers when you try to do the thumb? Because they will still be tacky, or vice versa.. thumb first then four opposite fingers.. sometimes I even hit the top of the UV light case when I'm putting my hand in.. AGGHH I'm a clutz.

I don't think it will be too bad, but we'll see! I do both thumbs all the time with no issues.

For my next mani, I was considering using bella vampire as a base, then use good gossip for the second coat? I like a deep bluish red.. figured the bella would give me the dark purple.. then the good gossip would enhance it to be more of a dark red w blue undertones.. My nails are still on the shorter side, so if I think it comes out OK.. I'll do a pic. But if someone is adventurous, please go for it! I also bought some decals of rose w a leaf.. I thought that would look awesome toward the base of the nail. Maybe on the pinkies or thumbs...

Several of us have done this combo, and it's awesome! I think ferretkingdom posted pics in the swatch thread.

For my next mani, I was considering using bella vampire as a base, then use good gossip for the second coat? I like a deep bluish red.. figured the bella would give me the dark purple.. then the good gossip would enhance it to be more of a dark red w blue undertones.. My nails are still on the shorter side, so if I think it comes out OK.. I'll do a pic. But if someone is adventurous, please go for it! I also bought some decals of rose w a leaf.. I thought that would look awesome toward the base of the nail. Maybe on the pinkies or thumbs...

I've done this combo as have several others. I call it the "ruby slipper" Mani. I love the combo and have swatches posted here or in the swatch thread, or maybe both. Lol

And something else I learned from buying the starter kit... The directions on the cleanser say to use it for both cleansing the nail plate as a first step and for cleaning off the tacky layer, even though it is part acetone. I had been under the impression that there were two different products (although I myself just use CND scrubfresh and alcohol). Hope that made sense!

The gelish topcoat is acetone resistant, so wiping off the tacky layer with acetone won't hurt it

I have a weird thing happening with Good Gossip. The last couple of times I used it, I ended up with a couple of small areas of silver glitter. Is it possible I'm actually putting it on too thin and sort of exposing the glitter? Is this happening to anyone else?

I have a weird thing happening with Good Gossip. The last couple of times I used it, I ended up with a couple of small areas of silver glitter. Is it possible I'm actually putting it on too thin and sort of exposing the glitter? Is this happening to anyone else?

You're not trying to file it, are you? I have not had this happen.

I've not ever had that happen either. Have you used it over anything with silver glitter that it might have picked up? If you apply it just a tad thicker does that still happen?

You're not trying to file it, are you? I have not had this happen.

No, not at all. The first time it happened , I didn't even notice it until a few hours after my mani. I felt a tiny rough spot on one nail, and when I looked at it I saw a couple of pieces of exposed silver glitter. Now that I'm thinking about it more, I wonder if I missed those little spots with the top coat and wiped off a little bit of the color, exposing the glitter. It's a mystery!

This is the last time I'll post pictures for awhile...I promise, lol!

I did mine with two coats Taffeta, Carnaval Hangover for tips and topped it off with Vegas Nights. Don't mind my left middle finger in the last picture...it has a weird nail plate and it makes the smile line look off.

Flash:
IMG_1367.jpg

No flash:
IMG_1369.jpg

Had my husband take a picture of all of them. :smile:
IMG_1379.jpg

I love this manicure! How fun!

I have been hanging out watching the shellac thread, as that is what I started with, but this seems much more active. I have gotten several of the minis at Sally's and will do one of them on the next mani. I have a question. Is the chocolate mini and the sweet chocolate regular size the same color?

I have been hanging out watching the shellac thread, as that is what I started with, but this seems much more active. I have gotten several of the minis at Sally's and will do one of them on the next mani. I have a question. Is the chocolate mini and the sweet chocolate regular size the same color?

Yes, fhe Gelish minis are the same colors as the full sizes.

Another question while Im at it! How many of you dry brush after the foundation coat??

It isn't in the instruction manual, but Ive seen some people do it on their youtube tutorials. My salon didn't do it on me.

What are the pros to doing it vs not doing it?

Status
Not open for further replies.