BLUE TAPE on hardware....

Jun 27, 2006
i've noticed that hermes uses 2 diff colors of tape on their bags. clear for most of the hardware, but blue for the bottom feet. has anyone seen blue tape anywhere else?? for example: on the turnkey post?? :confused1: :confused1:

Nope, only blue on the feet. And even with that, didn't use to have tape on the feet (on my older Birkins). Or else it was removed prior to me getting the bag.

Most of my Birkins had clear plastic film (tape) on HW and blue tape on the feet. BUT!!! Some of them (like 3~4 Birkins) had blue tape (the same blue tape on the feet) on turnkey. I was told that those blue tape on turnkey gets peeled off so easily from showing bags to customers. If your Birkin/Kelly came with those blue tape on turnkey kind of implies that your bag had NOT been shown to anyone OR not that many people.

Recently I've only seen blue tape on the feet, but it's possible some of my older bags may have had blue tape on the turnkey....I can't remember precisely.

THANK U!! this helps ease any "fake" suspicions regarding a bag i'm considering from a reseller. everything looks good except for this blue tape on the turnkey. now i know it is possible to have this........