Kate Spade Hall of shame!

stripefake.jpg
So, I contacted the seller of this fake:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=120757844277&ssPageName=ADME:X:RTQ:US:1123

and got this response:

Hi there, thanks for the email. However this is not a fake, and if you go on Katespade.com you will see other purses with this hardware on them, as well as the colors. I don't own anything that isn't authentic nor would I try to sell one that isn't on ebay. But I do appreciate the email, as there are people out there who would do this. But I assure you this one is authentic and can be found through katespade.com....the style may not be on there as its' about 2 years old, but the hardware is still on some of her handbags.

Thanks and let me know if you have anything else for me! I really do appreciate your email though, thank you!

You can only imagine my response. I'll be nice...

View attachment 1457293
So, I contacted the seller of this fake:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=120757844277&ssPageName=ADME:X:RTQ:US:1123

and got this response:

Hi there, thanks for the email. However this is not a fake, and if you go on Katespade.com you will see other purses with this hardware on them, as well as the colors. I don't own anything that isn't authentic nor would I try to sell one that isn't on ebay. But I do appreciate the email, as there are people out there who would do this. But I assure you this one is authentic and can be found through katespade.com....the style may not be on there as its' about 2 years old, but the hardware is still on some of her handbags.

Thanks and let me know if you have anything else for me! I really do appreciate your email though, thank you!

You can only imagine my response. I'll be nice...
Tell her to put her fingernails under that off-center metal plaque and give a little tug.

LOL! The least she can do is put it back properly centered.

Tell her to put her fingernails under that off-center metal plaque and give a little tug.

LOL! The least she can do is put it back properly centered.

I was VERY nice! I let her know about Kat's web site and the discussion forum on eBay. And I told her about fake labels and what real dust bags should look like (i.e., not a potato sack). Really...I was nice!