Let the fairy tale begins...my upgrade came early!

Hi Catabie!

I was searching for Penny Preville emerald necklaces http://www.neimanmarcus.com/store/catalog/prod.jhtml?itemId=prod47890031&parentId= under the Purseforum, and saw your collection and saw this thread. My goodness! I live in an affluent area in the U.S. (haha not Dubai) and you, my dear, have one heck of a collection! A VCA lotus ring, three Cartier bracelets, 4 ct emerald earrings for daily wear, ..to name a few. If I saw you on the street, I would DIE - I don't think I would just faint!! LOL

But just to be back on topic, your upgrade reminds me Khloe Kardashian's (I know..I'm not a fan either), but a lot of folks on the http://forum.purseblog.com/the-jewelry-box/celebrity-engagement-rings-73986-252.html seem to love her ring (at least the original set). I'm a big fan of Cartier's pave trinity line so if you reset your ring's band to that - I bet you will be the talk of the town. I would love to own Khloe's ring one day. Her diamond is set in a two-prong so the prongs are not as thick and it sits quite low. You'll need to find a very good jeweler. Hopefully the stone is laser engraved - jewelers will swap your baby out unless even if that jeweler is the one who originally sold it to you .. I heard stories.

I am sure once you have your ring resetted, you will not allow that baby to sit in the bank! My hubby would buy my presents in advance making me promise to wear it when the special day comes but I would sneak in a glance every day (sometimes I would wear it at night at home only LOL) until the big day . That kinda irritates him but at least he knows I really like the jewel so deep down he must be happy.

Congrats!! You are one very lucky lady!!

I attached some pics of Khloe's reportedly 12ct stunner. I figured if you are like me, you probably don't watch reality TV. She is pretty tall, so your rock looks really comparable to hers. I'm guessing she's a size 8 ring finger? I wish I had small fingers so my rings looked bigger. :biggrin:

Attachments

• 40534_424719897301_113962087301_4604712_7946645_n.jpg
    40534_424719897301_113962087301_4604712_7946645_n.jpg
    42.8 KB · Views: 196
  • images5.jpg
    images5.jpg
    6.2 KB · Views: 167
I attached some pics of Khloe's reportedly 12ct stunner. I figured if you are like me, you probably don't watch reality TV. She is pretty tall, so your rock looks really comparable to hers. I'm guessing she's a size 8 ring finger? I wish I had small fingers so my rings looked bigger. :biggrin:

Am I alone in thinking this is just TOO MUCH?

Probably! But seriously... when is enough enough? 12 carats???

Both are spectacular but the upgrade is unbelievable! Wow! So since you can't have it for 4 years do you get to keep both rings? I recently took a diamond in for an upgrade and ended up downgrading the carat size by a quarter carat! Just so i could get an internally flawless diamond. I think i went in the wrong direction!

Am I alone in thinking this is just TOO MUCH?

Probably! But seriously... when is enough enough? 12 carats???

LOL. Honestly, if Catabie did not mention her ring size being a 4.5, I would have thought her upgrade rock was a 20ct! It looked like it was out to get me in the face -- either that or come out of my computer screen. It's like my screen had 3D all of a sudden.

Khloe's 12ct? Yeah, she's a big girl. I attached a picture of her new ring with a girl who is wearing a 4 ct ring (perhaps 2ct center with 4ct of pave diamonds). I'm guessing the girl is a size 6 ring finger.

Attachments

• index6.jpg
    index6.jpg
    7.8 KB · Views: 137
But in all seriousness... if your upgrade diamond is not laser engraved on the crown, I would not recommend you to reset the band. Unless you are 100% sure that the jeweler is honest, it's not worth the trouble. They may swap out your baby for a lesser grade diamond stone. You might was well enjoy it as it is.

All this pave diamond settings came out in 2007 - or at less perfected by then. I hope you can wear your upgrade on a daily basis one day (or four years from now). It's all based on one's preference. Your original ring is lovely! :smile:

I don't know if you're alone, but I'm not in your camp :P :lol: :nogood:

I agree! I would love to blind all of my friends and family with a huge rock!! I would just be gesturing all day, waving my hands about, making that thing sparkle like crazy, saying "look at my baby! melt your eyes out"

Khloe's original ring looked quite small from this angle. Just depends on how big the finger is compared to the rock.

Attachments

• Khloe-Kardashian-married-to-Lamar-Odom-of-Laker-NBA-246x300.jpg
    Khloe-Kardashian-married-to-Lamar-Odom-of-Laker-NBA-246x300.jpg
    21.3 KB · Views: 80