Help! First Prada - Saffiano Leather Tote

Hi! I'm new to prada! I had my mind set on getting the miu miu bow bag, but then I went into my local boutique and saw the small saffiano tote (BN1801) with the shoulder strap.

I saw the caramel bn1801 in the singapore boutique and LOVED it, but thought it was a little orangey rather than tan? So I went on tPF and saw the cocoa (?) and argilla and really liked them especially cocoa.

So anyway, cut the long story short, I need help to decide!
1st choice - cocoa (not available in singapore nor kalakaua boutique)
2nd choice - can't decide between caramel & argilla. Caramel is only available in singapore and not kalakaua and costs close to USD$2200 after conversion. Argilla available through special order in kalakaua, costs $1430 but I will have to wait 4 to 6 weeks!!!

What should I do??? I'm really torn and super in love with the bn1801!

Does anyone know other boutiques that has good SAs who will ship the items to singapore?

Thanks in advance and sorry for the long post!

I special ordered the BN1786 in Argilla thru Joanna and am waiting (im)patiently for it to arrive. 2-4 weeks to go!

I was torn between Caramel & Argilla but in the end I chose Argilla but I'm not so much a tan/ brown person. I just saw BN1786 in Argilla IRL yesterday on the arm of a woman on the same bus with me and it's gorgeous! It was at night so it appears to be darker gray that I thought. But still gorgeous. Cant wait to receive mine :smile:

my first saffiano lux was in RED in fact, and i find it not so versatile...i am loving my nero to bits now.

i tried BN1786, its really too heavy for my arm and shoulder, feel like its breaking after i put in just a few things, guess the leather inside with zippers is causing some pain, i brought back my BN1786 to exchange for the BN1844 without the zippers. Also, its looking too formal unless i'm like using it for work everyday...with chic casual, its looking off when i carry BN1786, and i'm v happy now with BN1844..ha..

i know the excitement of owning a saffiano lux...its really a nice bag, no matter what color u decide eventually. congrats.

I'm still waiting for the SAs I've emailed to get back to me. I really want the cacao but I don't even know if they make bn1801 in the colour!

Prizee - congrats! Can't wait to see your reveal of the bag :biggrin:

akina3 - Do you have modeling pictures??? Would you be so kind to share?

Hi diera I have emailed Sherra a few days ago but never heard back from her :confused1: I so desperately want this bag its just perfectttttt :love:

Hey there, it's so weird Sherra hasn't replied, she is usually very prompt with replying emails! Do you want to call her instead? Her number is 312-255-0097, hopefully she's not on vacation or something :smile:

my first saffiano lux was in RED in fact, and i find it not so versatile...i am loving my nero to bits now.

i tried BN1786, its really too heavy for my arm and shoulder, feel like its breaking after i put in just a few things, guess the leather inside with zippers is causing some pain, i brought back my BN1786 to exchange for the BN1844 without the zippers. Also, its looking too formal unless i'm like using it for work everyday...with chic casual, its looking off when i carry BN1786, and i'm v happy now with BN1844..ha..

i know the excitement of owning a saffiano lux...its really a nice bag, no matter what color u decide eventually. congrats.
Is the size difference between BN1786 and BN1844 noticeable IRL? According to the prada website, BN1844 is a tadbit bigger than BN1786. I'm only 5'1 and would like to get the BN1844 since I've seen the BN1801 and it looks kinda small on me. I currently own an LV retiro pm and its 13x11x6.

I've only had my LV purse for about 2.5 months but when I saw this bag 3 weeks ago...I have to admit I fell in love with it and can't get it off my mind :love: . I kept looking at all the LV purses and can't seem to find anything that comes close this purse.

Hey there, it's so weird Sherra hasn't replied, she is usually very prompt with replying emails! Do you want to call her instead? Her number is 312-255-0097, hopefully she's not on vacation or something :smile:

Hi diera! I sent her another email, and she apologised saying she didn't receive the first one. she said she will only be back in the shop on the 20th (TODAY) and will let me know once she checks the inventory! I can't wait!!! crossing my fingers that they have the colour I want!

Is the size difference between BN1786 and BN1844 noticeable IRL? According to the prada website, BN1844 is a tadbit bigger than BN1786. I'm only 5'1 and would like to get the BN1844 since I've seen the BN1801 and it looks kinda small on me. I currently own an LV retiro pm and its 13x11x6.

I've only had my LV purse for about 2.5 months but when I saw this bag 3 weeks ago...I have to admit I fell in love with it and can't get it off my mind :love: . I kept looking at all the LV purses and can't seem to find anything that comes close this purse.

mrquizon - Sorry I can't help you much regarding the size :sad: But I totally understand the saffiano tote is SO gorgeous. I was just about to purchase a miu miu when I saw this and fell in love its just perfect!

I just received my 1844 a couple of weeks ago and I'm 5'2. :smile: To me the size difference isn't that noticeable, but the shape looks different.

Update: Sherra has replied me and it seems like in the US i can no longer find caramel. My next option was to buy from prada uk e-store where they have caramel and ship it to this service that ships to my country BUT they only accept billing address in europe. So, I figure my other option is to buy from a uk or europe prada store. Anyone knows a good SA in europe or UK pleaseeee help. :sad: :sad: