I Always Wanted to Know....Game

twiggers

O.G.
May 7, 2006
I am so curious to see who out there wonders about strange things. So I'll start......and if you can answer my 'wonder' please do...otherwise post one of your 'wonders'. With so many of us out there...someone knows something about our 'wonders'

I wonder.....are there telephone wires that stretch all the way across the world? How'd they get there?

I am so curious to see who out there wonders about strange things. So I'll start......and if you can answer my 'wonder' please do...otherwise post one of your 'wonders'. With so many of us out there...someone knows something about our 'wonders'

I wonder.....are there telephone wires that stretch all the way across the world? How'd they get there?

I'm pretty sure the lines run through the ocean. I know that a number of years back a company raised an enormous sum of capital in order to lay new high capacity data lines in the ocean, which they did, and then they went bankrupt because they simply couldn't recoup the costs. I'm trying to remember the name of the company...

EDIT: I think it was called Global Crossing

Good thread topic! I wonder many things. This AM I was wondering if it would be possible to buy a motorcycle helmet with XM or Sirius built in, and if not why hasn't someone invented this.

I always wondered why these two facts contradict each other: People say that heat rises, but if that's true, then why is it colder up in higher elevations(mountains)?

I'm pretty sure the lines run through the ocean. I know that a number of years back a company raised an enormous sum of capital in order to lay new high capacity data lines in the ocean, which they did, and then they went bankrupt because they simply couldn't recoup the costs. I'm trying to remember the name of the company...

EDIT: I think it was called Global Crossing

how interesting! i thought it was probably just satellites...that allow us to call people far away...

I love to appreciate the beauty in the world...so i always take moments, when i remember, to appreciate the beauty of the stars at night... it's always so peaceful.. and i wonder, does anyone else take time to look up there, and be in awe of all that sparkle and serenity?

(god, i'm so cheesy:shame:smile:

When I'm watching those surgery shows - you know, the ones where they remove a 150 pound tumor from someone - I know they discard the tumor after they've studied it but I'm wondering how.

I'm pretty sure first they do biopsy...remove a small piece and test if it is required...and then usally it is incenerated...I'm pretty sure most hospitals do it right on the premisis.

I've always wondered.. when a girl gets surgery to become a man where do they get.. it from? I mean they can't just have a pile of them laying around so do they get one from a dead person or is there a donor or what exactly?

From what I'm familiar with, those interested in going through gender reassignment therapy (female to male) will first get hormone therapy. Then they can decide whether or not they want to get a mastectomy and/or a hysterectomy.

Some decide to have genital reconstruction (and some just use a prosthetic penis).

If they do decide to go through with the surgery:

Genital reconstructive procedures (GRT) use either the clitoris, which is enlarged by androgenic hormones (Metoidioplasty), or rely on free tissue grafts from the arm, the thigh or belly and an erectile prostheses (Phalloplasty). The latter usually include multiple procedures, more expense and with a less satisfactory outcome, in terms of replicating nature.
In either case, the urethra can be rerouted through the phallus to allow urination through the reconstructed penis. The labia majora (see vulva) are united to form a scrotum, where prosthetic testicles can be inserted.

This is an informative website. (But be careful! There are links to pictures):
Male to Female Gender Reassignment Surgery

I wonder how some girls go thru a pregnancy and not know they were pregnant until they are in labor. Some girls from my village happened like this in high school. They are girls who were a bit chunky and gained weight all over, not just in the belly, but still how do you miss your monthly 9 months and not think something is wrong????

I have always been perplexed as to how a fax machine works! How is it that you can put in anything...a picture or just your own handwriting, and minutes later it comes out exactly the same on the other side of the world....CRAZY!!!!