Food Low fat brownie or cookie recipies??

chanelissy

turn it upppp
O.G.
Feb 24, 2006
I've been looking online (google) for some low fat brownie recipies...does anyone have any experience with one? I'd use one that I found on google, but I'd prefer to use one that I know a PF'er has used and tastes yummy!
So...any bakers? :supacool:

Trader Joe's has a DELICIOUS brownie mix called No Pudge. It's virtually fat free and so good!

Yeah, it's cheating since it's not from scratch, but at least it's fat free =)

LOVE this stuff. they actually taste GOOD (my husband likes them!) it comes in a lot of flavors too (mocha, raspberry, mint and of course chocolate) and if you're like me (prone to eating the whole pan when you make brownies) there's a single serving option you can make in the microwave in about a minute! they rock. i always have a box in my pantry.

I also love the No Pudge mix!

here is a recipe I brought back from a spa I went to, I haven't tried them yet, but I did try their other recipe for lowfat cheesecake and it was really good. They are supposed to have 49 calories and 2g of fat per cookie.

GINGERSNAP COOKIES

Ingredients:

*1 1/2 cups + 2 tbsp. unbleached all-purpose flour

* 1/2 tsp. baking soda

* 1 tsp. ground cinnamon

*1 tsp. ground ginger

* 1/4 tsp. ground cloves

* 1/2 c. whole wheat flour

* 1/4 c. light brown sugar

* 1/4 c. canola oil

*1/4 c. dark molasses

* 2 large egg whites

* 1/2 tsp. salt (optional)

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Spray 2 baking sheets with vegetable oil spray.

1. Sift together the all-purpose flour, baking soda, cinnamon, ginger, and cloves into a large bowl. Add the whole wheat flour and whisk just to mix.

2. In the bowl of an electric mixer, combine the brown sugar, oil, molasses, egg whites, and the salt (if you want it). Beat at medium-high speed until smooth and creamy. Using a rubber spatula, fold in the dry ingredients; the dough will be stiff.

3. Roll small pieces of the dough between floured palms to form 1-inch-diameter balls. Place the balls about 4 inches apart on the baking sheets. (You may have to make them in 2 batches). Flatten each ball with a fork to make a crisscross pattern. Bake for 10 to 12 minutes, until the cookies are lightly browned. Immediately lift the cookies from the baking sheets and cool on wire racks.

I'm a big baker (I was just eating cookies lol)

Here are some tips to make any recipe a lower fat one:

- Go all egg white
- Switch to a low-fat butter I find brummel & brown yogurt works well
- Go to dark chocolate (great health benifits such as antioxidants as well)
- Add some protein (low fat peanut butter, yogurt instead of milk, oatmeal cookies) this helps you feel full and stops the cookie binge
- Cut the sugar in the recipe to 3/4 or 1/2 required. You won't really notice a difference!

I got some too and they are all very delicious..I hope you like them too..

Low Carb Almond Sugar Cookies

1-1/4 cup almond flour
1 cup Splenda
1/4 cup butter, at room temperature
1 large egg
1 teaspoon vanilla
additional Splenda, for decorating

Pre-heat oven to 350 F. Line baking sheets with parchment paper or a non-stick baking mat. Stir together flour and Splenda. Blend in butter, egg and vanilla until well mixed. Form into 1-inch balls on a cookie sheet and flatten each with a fork. Sprinkle with additional Splenda. Bake for 8 minutes or until set but not brown. Allow to cool for 2 minutes on baking sheet then remove to wire racks to cool.

Low Carb Chocolate Chip Cookies

1 cup butter, softened
1-1/2 cups Splenda or Maltitol Crystals
1-1/2 teaspoons dark molasses
2 large eggs
1 cup almond flour
1 cup vanilla whey protein powder
1/4 cup oat bran
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
12 ounces sugar free chocolate bar, chopped into small pieces
1 cup chopped walnuts or pecans

Preheat oven to 375°F. Line baking sheets with parchment paper or a non-stick baking mat. Beat together butter, Splenda, and molasses until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, and beat well after each addition. In a separate bowl, stir together ground almonds, vanilla whey protein powder, oat bran, baking soda and salt. Stir almond flour mixture into butter mixture until blended. Stir in nuts and chopped chocolate bars. Drop by rounded tablespoons onto preparted baking sheets. Flatten with palm of hand. Bake for 10 minutes, or until golden. Allow to cool for 2 minutes on baking sheet then remove to wire racks to cool.