Alexander Wang Any fans of the Emile?

Well, my Small Burlap Emile arrived and I have to say I am underwhelmed by it. :oh: Initially pulling it out of the box, the handles looked so tiny in proportion to the rest of the bag to me. While it's big enough to hold my everyday essentials, I think I'd prefer the larger size, and the all leather version. I did take a few pics though with my cell real quick for reference and for any one else wondering about this bag. HTH!

272e194b.jpg

bfb75b7c.jpg

f0cd71f0.jpg

fcfd8f59.jpg

5960cdcf.jpg

a849192e.jpg

How tall are you, if you don't mind me asking? I actually think the size looks just right on you. I agree that the all leather one will look better with the metal. I am holding out for a small dove grey. Thanks for posting the pix!

How tall are you, if you don't mind me asking? I actually think the size looks just right on you. I agree that the all leather one will look better with the metal. I am holding out for a small dove grey. Thanks for posting the pix!

I'm 5'6"ish, US size 6-8. I think the size is fine in general, but I like larger bags and I think the large in leather will slouch more nicely for me...HTH!:smile:
I'd also love the Dove Grey, sooooo pretty!

I believe it's a large. I've been wanting a small in that color ever since I saw the pictures of GP carrying the large. I haven't seen any modeling pix from fellow tPFers with a small leather emile yet.

Yea no much pic on this bag, I remember seeing one model pic with the large emile on this site but I can't find it anymore, I'm just scared the large would be too big. They have the small leather emile at shopbop, you should check it out.

I took a fancy to the Emile Tote overnight! Saw it on Shopbop.com last night and couldn't stop thinking about it. I'm quite petite so it'll have to be the small Emile but I'm torn between the Burlap and the All-leather.

The Burlap is on sale at the moment on Shopbop.com so that is swaying my decision a bit. But in truth, would the all-leather be a better buy? It's going to be my first AW!

Btw, for those of you who have the Emile, can you also let me know the weight of the bag... I'm quite weary of bags that are heavy even before you put anything in them ; (

Thanks!!! :smile:

I took a fancy to the Emile Tote overnight! Saw it on Shopbop.com last night and couldn't stop thinking about it. I'm quite petite so it'll have to be the small Emile but I'm torn between the Burlap and the All-leather.

The Burlap is on sale at the moment on Shopbop.com so that is swaying my decision a bit. But in truth, would the all-leather be a better buy? It's going to be my first AW!

Btw, for those of you who have the Emile, can you also let me know the weight of the bag... I'm quite weary of bags that are heavy even before you put anything in them ; (

Thanks!!! :smile:

I personally would get the leather version. The Burlap version is nice, but it's a bit too busy with so many different colors/textiles going on and I think the leather will be more versatile in the long run. I had a small Burlap and returned it. I did not find it to be noticeably heavy either. HTH!

I remember recently seeing the all leather version on sale some where, so look in the deals/steals thread and search the net well before you buy! :smile: If I come across it I will let you know as well!

I personally would get the leather version. The Burlap version is nice, but it's a bit too busy with so many different colors/textiles going on and I think the leather will be more versatile in the long run. I had a small Burlap and returned it. I did not find it to be noticeably heavy either. HTH!

I remember recently seeing the all leather version on sale some where, so look in the deals/steals thread and search the net well before you buy! :smile: If I come across it I will let you know as well!

Hi, thanks for the insight! I'll think about it some more and yes, please do let me know if you see a good deal online for the Emile (dove gray, black). No AW here in the shops (I'm in Singapore) so depending on AW aficionados online ;)

Today my burlap and black leather Emile arrived from AW and I absolutely adore it! I'm thinking of going back for a leather one but would love to get some feedback on the large leather version. Does anyone have one? Is it heavy?

Emile tote is LOVE. I just got mine in black with silver hardware and it's SO STYLISH. Bit on the heavy side, and the pebbled texture seems like it can get dirty easily, but it looks amazing~ Will post pics later~