"Please Don't Invite Us To Your Wedding" Couple Says

caitlin1214

tPF Bish
O.G.
Jul 7, 2006
Tue Feb 20, 8:58 AM

BUENOS AIRES (Reuters) - Fed up with spending too many weekends going to weddings, an Argentine couple took out a paid announcement on the social pages of a major newspaper expressing their desire for some social neglect.
"We thank you ahead of time for understanding this petition, which is due to our saturated social calendar," read the ad in La Nacion.

Adolfo Caballero, 66, told a La Nacion reporter the flood of invitations came from the children of his dozens of cousins, friends from his club, and clients of his law firm.

Argentine weddings are typically drawn-out affairs and Caballero said they take 12 hours out of most of his weekends, including long drives to and from the countryside, where it is currently fashionable to get married.

"It's fun for youngsters who want to dance until 5 a.m. ... but the next day I'm tired and I can't move when I want to go play tennis," Caballero said.

Oh, you know what? I think they told people not to send them any more invitations because if you're sent an invitation and even if you RSVP 'no,' it's customary to send a card or a gift.

(Well, technically, they don't 'have' to send anything, but it would be polite to at least send a card.)

Maybe they just don't want to send any more cards or gifts.