SHOE PROBLEM? Find your solutions here! The CL STORAGE Chat thread

This may be a silly question but for those of you who have shoe closets, do you clean the soles every time you wear them out and before you put them back in your closet? It seems like such a hassle to me (I'm really lazy! :shame:smile:.

^ I do not. I make sure there isn't any gunk or gum or heavy residue on the bottom and if there is, I'll remove it first. Other than that I don't clean the sole. I have glass shelves in my shoe-case so I do like to make sure any excess 'stuff' isn't on the bottom of the sole because it can easily be seen.

Wow I might need this, and it's even named after me!

Screenshot2011-06-24at114254PM.png

http://www.ballarddesigns.com/webap...1&categoryId=16905&productId=163126&langId=-1

I have this mahogany wood cabinet, lacquered, no windows, not much if any air coming through, and because I ran out of space in my closet, I'm wondering if storing a couple of the shoes in there will hurt them... I'm in doubt if the wood will dry out the leather because one of the pairs is jazz/polished leather.

I know they say to keep them in the dustbags :P but in my opinion this just doesn't do them right. And I like to look at them when opening the cabinet.
And I definitely don't want to keep them in boxes for same reason as above plus I've been told by a shoemaker that boxes can tend to dry out leather overtime. This had me wondering if wood could have the same effect!

What are your opinions on storing CLs in a wooden cabinet?
Thanks!

I have this mahogany wood cabinet, lacquered, no windows, not much if any air coming through, and because I ran out of space in my closet, I'm wondering if storing a couple of the shoes in there will hurt them... I'm in doubt if the wood will dry out the leather because one of the pairs is jazz/polished leather.

I know they say to keep them in the dustbags :P but in my opinion this just doesn't do them right. And I like to look at them when opening the cabinet.
And I definitely don't want to keep them in boxes for same reason as above plus I've been told by a shoemaker that boxes can tend to dry out leather overtime. This had me wondering if wood could have the same effect!

What are your opinions on storing CLs in a wooden cabinet?
Thanks!

Generally, items such as shoes and bags are thought to be best in a cool, dry place, and are often shipped with Silica Gel to keep them dry on their journey. I don't think a wood cabinet would be a problem.