How to keep the shape of your Birkin

PrincessTingTing

Cha-Nello!!!!!
O.G.
Jun 18, 2008
....I use this...:buttercup:

2011-06-18-0015.jpg

I use a pillow made for the size by me filling each bag to different needs then once it's closed and filled I massage and press and move the birkin especially the main arch that usually bends a bit and that's it but since I like floppy birkins I really don't mind much ! It's more a question of the leather staying well not stressing or cranking with time.best and hope it helps .birkel.

Reactions: lala28
I fold and roll a towel into the right size, place it in the bag, pull the straps so they are snug, do not put them through the metal guides (to avoid inadvertent metal scratching on metal) and as Baba says, must lay it on its side.

Even more than the filling, it is important to lay your bags down to sleep, that is, on their sides, they do not like to go to sleep upright. If you do that every time you will extend the life of your bag tremendously. I do not recommend stuffed and standing upright.

My bags sleep standing on their bases. Unstuffed, dressed only in their sleeping bags. Why would it make a difference, standing or lying down. I'm serious; not joking or making fun. I need to know if I am killing my Birkins and their less fortunate sisters early.
Thanks!

Reactions: marzipanchen
I stuff my bags with the plastic pillows they arrived with, place them in their sleeper bag, then lay them on their side in their tissue filled boxes.....I "tuck them in" each time I finish carrying one...LOL. Then it goes up high on the top shelf in my closet!
All of my bags look brand new.

BTW- I treat my scarves and Hermes jewelry the same way.....weird, I know.