Won a dress, seller not responding.

Janye

Apr 21, 2011
I won a dress in eBay for fairly cheap. Before I bid, I checked with the seller in regards to shipping as the only thing I seen was an international postal quote and where we were both Canadian, I wanted to see if it was any cheaper. The seller wrote me back fairly quickly and told me yes, it was $5 cheaper. The dress was a good price so I bid. Someone outbid me and I outbid them last minute but I won by like $2 over the starting bid.

I messaged the seller asking for an invoice with the cheaper shipping we agreed on. I then sent an invoice request, I messaged again last night, and now still no response, not even an "you win my auction, please pay" sort of thing. I have the funds to pay, but I need the updated total and I am a little weary now that I am getting no response at all.

Has this ever happened to anyone before ? I see a lot of PITA buyers for payment and I wanna pay but I need the updated total and they are not responding. It is a newbie seller too. *sigh*

Yes, it's happened to me. I think in many cases sellers are not happy with the ending bid and simply refuse to sell.

Do NOT let this seller off the hook if she should send you a Cancel Request. Ignore it. Wait 7 days and then file INR with eBay. She'll then have to pay the fees associated with her auction. Non-performing sellers should not be allowed to walk away from their auctions.

I know it's frustrating, but in these cases there's not much you can do.

It's the weekend, you might want to give the seller another day or two to get back to you. The seller is a newbie seller like you say so s/he might not know about sending invoice and whatnot.

Yes, it's happened to me. I think in many cases sellers are not happy with the ending bid and simply refuse to sell.

Do NOT let this seller off the hook if she should send you a Cancel Request. Ignore it. Wait 7 days and then file INR with eBay. She'll then have to pay the fees associated with her auction. Non-performing sellers should not be allowed to walk away from their auctions.

I know it's frustrating, but in these cases there's not much you can do.

agree here and also sometimes people just don't get on the

computer over the weekend... just wait & see if not then I

would do as suggested above...

I probably should have specified that the win was Thursday evening. The invoice is set so the seller has to change it. I will wait till Monday and see if I get some sort of response. I want to pay, I just need the updated invoice to pay. I wanted to pay right after I won but with no communication from the seller in updating the invoice it makes it kinda hard. I did get it cheap so I hope the seller is not having second thoughts. I just want to pay and get it shipped :sad:

also don't forget that no ones sits at their computer all day... people have lives... especially on weekends.

i personally leave my computer on all the time... but i walk away and come back almost 20+ times a day. i even stay logged in so it might look like i'm on the computer when i'm not even home.

sometimes you just don't log out and some people don't "Work" on weekends...

give her a chance... she will probably send it monday.

The payment reminder is automatic.

Ok thanks !

deekai I guess it is something that sellers have to remind us buyers that they have still not received a payment.

I was looking into the seller's feedback. They have one feedback in the last month from buying, the last selling feedback was in 2010. I am hoping some contact is made soon. If I go ahead and pay with the higher shipping price on the invoice and nothing happens, like the seller don't respond/ship, will eBay just give me my money back ? I could always just go ahead and pay it, I just feel weird about the lack of contact.

Ok thanks !

deekai I guess it is something that sellers have to remind us buyers that they have still not received a payment.

I was looking into the seller's feedback. They have one feedback in the last month from buying, the last selling feedback was in 2010. I am hoping some contact is made soon. If I go ahead and pay with the higher shipping price on the invoice and nothing happens, like the seller don't respond/ship, will eBay just give me my money back ? I could always just go ahead and pay it, I just feel weird about the lack of contact.

You will get all your money back if seller don't ship.