Need help, buyer is claiming fake

demit2576

Apr 22, 2009
Hi ladies,
Long time reader, first time poster, and I need some help!
Kinda in the same situation as OP. I sold a woman a LV Sprouse scarf which is in a good condition (I inspected every inch of the scarf before posting it out and there was absolutely no damage to it) and she receives it and says there's a scratch on it and then claims the scarf is a fake!?
She has started a SNAD with PP so I have no other choice but to give her a full refund right?
What do I do?

Hi ladies,
Kinda in the same situation as OP. I sold a woman a LV Sprouse scarf which is in a good condition (I inspected every inch of the scarf before posting it out and there was absolutely no damage to it) and she receives it and says there's a scratch on it and then claims the scarf is a fake!?
She has started a SNAD with PP so I have no other choice but to give her a full refund right?
What do I do?
Have you had the scarf authenticated? Do you know for sure that it's the real deal? Where did you buy it?

If you post your pictures (see post #1 for what to include) on the ATLV (authentic this LV), you can get confirmation of authenticity and direct your buyer to the post. Perhaps that will make her feel more comfortable. http://forum.purseblog.com/louis-vu...ead-rules-use-format-post-1-a-668925-897.html

It was given to me as a birthday present a few years back from my mother, but I was with her to pick out the scarf. I don't have enough pictures of it to be authenticated :sad:

The buyer claims it's fake and I ask her for evidence that it is fake and she switches to another story saying she wants a refund now because it's damaged, claiming that I said the scarf was "not damaged" but I never said that!

Hi ladies,
What do I do?

Have you had the scarf authenticated? Do you know for sure that it's the real deal? Where did you buy it?

If you post your pictures (see post #1 for what to include) on the ATLV (authentic this LV), you can get confirmation of authenticity and direct your buyer to the post. Perhaps that will make her feel more comfortable. http://forum.purseblog.com/louis-vu...ead-rules-use-format-post-1-a-668925-897.html

It was given to me as a birthday present a few years back from my mother, but I was with her to pick out the scarf. I don't have enough pictures of it to be authenticated :sad:

The buyer claims it's fake and I ask her for evidence that it is fake and she switches to another story saying she wants a refund now because it's damaged, claiming that I said the scarf was "not damaged" but I never said that!
Yikes! This is the reason why many pictures of the appropriate details that prove authenticity are necessary in listings. After the fact, it's next to impossible to dispute a non-authenticity claim if your listing doesn't show what needs to be shown.

As for damage, we can only hope that she's having buyer's remorse and is using a damage excuse as a reason for return.

If I were you, I'd respond to the dispute that you'll refund the buyer upon return of the item.

Use this expensive lesson as a learning experience and in any future listings, be sure to include lots of good, clear pics.

Yikes! This is the reason why many pictures of the appropriate details that prove authenticity are necessary in listings. After the fact, it's next to impossible to dispute a non-authenticity claim if your listing doesn't show what needs to be shown.

As for damage, we can only hope that she's having buyer's remorse and is using a damage excuse as a reason for return.

If I were you, I'd respond to the dispute that you'll refund the buyer upon return of the item.

Use this expensive lesson as a learning experience and in any future listings, be sure to include lots of good, clear pics.

I responded to the buyer saying I will refund her when I get the scarf back and she's messages back saying she will only post my scarf back when she gets her money back?! I am NOT doing that! What other option do I have? Can I escalate this to a claim?
Thanks in advance for the help ladies, too many untrustworthy people out there!

Last edited:
Hi ladies,
What do I do?

I responded to the buyer saying I will refund her when I get the scarf back and she's messages back saying she will only post my scarf back when she gets her money back?! I am NOT doing that! What other option do I have? Can I escalate this to a claim?
Thanks in advance for the help ladies, too many untrustworthy people out there!
At this point, since you are agreeing to the return, escalate the claim and for your comment, state that you are agreeing to the refund upon return of the scarf in the condition in which you sent it.

There's an option in the dispute that allows you to check (something to the effect of) "will issue refund on return of item."

She doesn't get the refund before returning!! No store would do that either. And ebay requires the item be returned before the refund is issued.

You can direct her here if she has questions.

At this point, since you are agreeing to the return, escalate the claim and for your comment, state that you are agreeing to the refund upon return of the scarf in the condition in which you sent it.

There's an option in the dispute that allows you to check (something to the effect of) "will issue refund on return of item."

She doesn't get the refund before returning!! No store would do that either. And ebay requires the item be returned before the refund is issued.

You can direct her here if she has questions.

Is it also Paypal policy that she has to return the item before a refund can be given, as there was no option of issuing a refund on return of item when I tried to escalate to a claim...

Hi ladies,
What do I do?

You may receive more help/replies if you start your own thread on this topic.

I can't start my own thread for some reason, really sorry about this!

Oh. :shucks:

Must be the post count... Sorry hon!

Anyhow, just my two cents having gone through this whole BS situation......... No amount of proof is going to make PP side with you. Just accept the return and move on, honestly. It took me like two damn months of battling to get my partial refund after receiving my trashed shoes back.....

Anyhow, just my two cents having gone through this whole BS situation......... No amount of proof is going to make PP side with you. Just accept the return and move on, honestly. It took me like two damn months of battling to get my partial refund after receiving my trashed shoes back.....
Correct, but do NOT refund without receiving the item. That's the way it works in any venue.

If the buyer's concern is that you'll get the item back and not refund, she would only have to prove to paypal that she returned it and that it was delivered to you and they'd refund her.

She has nothing to lose.

Again, direct your buyer here!

Oh dear, PP is ridiculous!
My buyer won't return my item until I give her a full refund, absolutely ridiculous.

Thanks ladies for all your help, once I can make my own thread I'll move all this onto it! :smile:

Correct, but do NOT refund without receiving the item. That's the way it works in any venue.

If the buyer's concern is that you'll get the item back and not refund, she would only have to prove to paypal that she returned it and that it was delivered to you and they'd refund her.

She has nothing to lose.

Again, direct your buyer here!

Absolutely correct. :yes:

Oh dear, PP is ridiculous!
My buyer won't return my item until I give her a full refund, absolutely ridiculous.

Thanks ladies for all your help, once I can make my own thread I'll move all this onto it! :smile:

I am so sorry you are going through this. :hugs:

just ask your buyer to return the item... upon inspection you will refund her..

my understanding is that once the buyer has proof that the item has been returned

her refund will be processed by paypal....but please check with pp for their policy..

don't think they would give a refund unless the item has been returned to the seller...