MSB - Silver or Gunmetal....DIFFERENCE?

teemmmbee

O.G.
Nov 26, 2006
I had the Silver Sophia and when I compared her to the Gunmetal, I found that she was more shiny and popped more than the Gunmetal. Sadly, I don't have her anymore because the silver that was on the handles rubbed off almost completely :sad:.

There were people returning silver Sophias due to rubbing off of the silver. I have a gunmetal Sophia and LOVE this color. The leather on it feels like butter ;) It is amazing!

There were people returning silver Sophias due to rubbing off of the silver. I have a gunmetal Sophia and LOVE this color. The leather on it feels like butter ;) It is amazing!

Oh wow, I didn't realize that was happening with the silver! That's not good at all. I guess that changes my opinion :biggrin:

I have felt the gunmetal and you're right, the leather is really soft and supple!

haha, i obsessed over this a few months ago! they are definitely two different colors, as the above posters have mentioned. the gunmetal is a little duller and seems (to me) that it would be less prone to peeling issues. i've seen both in person and the pictures are very true to life.

to further complicate matters, coach has released bags and accessories in "gunmetal" in other seasons (and even some poppy items this past season!) that look MUCH closer to the silver color in their shininess - is that a word? - and overall color (such as gunmetal alexandra). for someone who likes to match wallets to bags sometimes, this drove me up a wall!

i hope this helps you a little bit!!! good luck. they are both such beautiful colors.

haha, i obsessed over this a few months ago! they are definitely two different colors, as the above posters have mentioned. the gunmetal is a little duller and seems (to me) that it would be less prone to peeling issues. i've seen both in person and the pictures are very true to life.

to further complicate matters, coach has released bags and accessories in "gunmetal" in other seasons (and even some poppy items this past season!) that look MUCH closer to the silver color in their shininess - is that a word? - and overall color (such as gunmetal alexandra). for someone who likes to match wallets to bags sometimes, this drove me up a wall!

i hope this helps you a little bit!!! good luck. they are both such beautiful colors.

thanks! so my friend has one that seems to be really shiny so I'm assuming it's the silver. I think I am getting a gunmetal MSB from an outlet shipped to me (won't believe it though til it's actually in my hands...hehe) which I think I would like better.

Your profile pic cracks me up....is that your dog or a pic found on the internet?? :lol:

thanks! so my friend has one that seems to be really shiny so I'm assuming it's the silver. I think I am getting a gunmetal MSB from an outlet shipped to me (won't believe it though til it's actually in my hands...hehe) which I think I would like better.

Your profile pic cracks me up....is that your dog or a pic found on the internet?? :lol:

lol it's a pic i found on the internet. i wish it was my dog!!!! it cracks me up too. it's so adorable!

yeah, i think you're right - super shiny to me sounds like it's def the silver. the gunmetal is really nice, too. just different. congrats!!! i know what you mean about seeing it to believe it!