Awkward for me

teachertisay

Nov 8, 2010
Need help/opinion. Due to the dreaded June 1st, I bought a M/L classic. I am 5'5", how do I carry it? Is it too small? With the chain long it falls just within my hips. It feels so light and small when i carry it. Is this buy a wrong one. Thanks!

I'm 5'3 and I think the m/l is perfect! I like to wear it over the shoulder, more than other ways, but also in double chain to have shorter chain.

does the m/l fit crossbody or is the chain too short?
i have been trying to find pictures on the forum or someone wearing crossbody and have been unable to find any, i am assuming this means you can't?

i was really hoping it would be a good size for errands and travel..

if you ladies could point me in a direction to find these pictures that would be great!
thanks

I'm 5'7", 110 lbs and think M/L is the perfect size for me. I wear it both as a double strap and single strap and think it looks awesome either way. I hate how the jumbo looks on me- it is wider than I am so it looks silly in my opinion.
You should post pics- but I think M/L flatters everybody's body type.

teachertisay here's another opinion. I am about 5/5", equivalent to US size 14 with a curvy body style. I purchased a med lamb/ghw. I feel the bag too petite for my body frame. Also, consider how you will carry the bag when you put your jacket/overcoat on. From now on it will be jumbo or maxi size in classics for me.

teachertisay here's another opinion. I am about 5/5", equivalent to US size 14 with a curvy body style. I purchased a med lamb/ghw. I feel the bag too petite for my body frame. Also, consider how you will carry the bag when you put your jacket/overcoat on. From now on it will be jumbo or maxi size in classics for me.

I don't think the m/l size is too small for you lovieluvslux! Not everyone has to be "skinny" to be able to carry a m/l. I've seen women around your size carrying m/l's and it looks just as nice as it does with anyone else. If m/l is too small for you, jumbos are way too huge for girls who are 130lbs or less.
But that's just me:shrugs:and I think I'm the minority in this case!

OP I think the m/l will look fine on you! I think everyone gets wayyy too caught up on how they look with the bag they WANT to have, and forget to enjoy their purchase. BUT if you feel awkward with it, then definitely get a different one, but don't change it because you're worried about how other people will think of you with your bags! :smile:
In plus, depending on how you're going to use it, the m/l is perfect for day to night. Especially for evenings on anyone!

i think the m/l is the perfect size. even if you are tall. kate moss is how tall? and she carries a 225 reissue. and here diane krugar is wearing the m/l and it looks great...
diane-kruger-and-chanel-255-flap-handbag-gallery.jpg

I don't think the m/l size is too small for you lovieluvslux! Not everyone has to be "skinny" to be able to carry a m/l. I've seen women around your size carrying m/l's and it looks just as nice as it does with anyone else. If m/l is too small for you, jumbos are way too huge for girls who are 130lbs or less.
But that's just me:shrugs:and I think I'm the minority in this case!

OP I think the m/l will look fine on you! I think everyone gets wayyy too caught up on how they look with the bag they WANT to have, and forget to enjoy their purchase. BUT if you feel awkward with it, then definitely get a different one, but don't change it because you're worried about how other people will think of you with your bags! :smile:
In plus, depending on how you're going to use it, the m/l is perfect for day to night. Especially for evenings on anyone!
Thanks for your comments ChanelHoarder. One thing is it important to try bag on with jacket. I've seen many petite ladies with Maxi. Originally, I thought....that bag is too big, but it looks good on them. Now, I'm curious to see pictures of fuller figure ladies with a m/l.

Thanks for your comments ChanelHoarder. One thing is it important to try bag on with jacket. I've seen many petite ladies with Maxi. Originally, I thought....that bag is too big, but it looks good on them. Now, I'm curious to see pictures of fuller figure ladies with a m/l.

I guess if you wanted to try it on with a jacket, you should. I don't think someone would be wearing the same jacket with their bag all the time though, especially through different seasons. Do what works for you though!
I think bags can be carried however people want to use them. If m/l is too small for most people, then what about WOCs or mini flaps? I guess I just think about it differently.

I think anyone can pull off any size of bag they want regardless of their body type, but like I said, I feel like I'm the minority on that opinion. I think you just have to feel and be confident carrying what you want! What matters what others think at the end of the day as long as you're not hurting anyone?! Luxury items are supposed to be stress and care-free, which is why it's called "luxury"! :biggrin: