New policy?

cutiepie21

O.G.
May 15, 2006
I was at LV this weekend and after I made my purchase, the SA made me initial the receipt saying that I had read the return policy. I have never had to do this before. Is this new? Did anybody else have to do it?

no I've never done it before, but I do know that at the bottom of the receipt (right on top of the exchange/return policy), there's a line asking for your signature. I seriously don't think it's mandatory....
As for signing stuff, I've only had to sign the "non LV" fax-paper-like receipt lol when I use my CC card :yes:

I've had to do it on all my purchases since December. Never bought anything myself prior to that for awhile (My DH as doing my purchases).

Really? Since December? I bought from there a few weeks ago and didn't have to initial anything. I thought maybe they had red flagged me because I tried to return a purse two weeks ago and the manager accused me of using the bag! :cursing: I wanted to return a mandarin noe because there was a dent in the handle that I hadn't noticed when I bought it and the manager said that the employees check the bags before selling them and the dent wasn't there when they sold it to me! I took it to a different LV store and the manager took the return without any questions!

Then yesterday, when I bought my mom a mono wapity, I had to initial the return policy, I thought it was because of the dispute that I had with the manager over the noe.

I noticed when I bought from my non-regular SA this one time (because my SA wasn't there), I had to initial next to their return policy. I thought that was weird since I didn't have to do that when I buy from my SAs afterwards. Maybe it's just for certain anal SAs?

I have had to do it on everything since December (3 items) in the boutique. I think it's a new policy (possibly because people are buying bags, using them and then trying to return them). I imagine this is very expensive company-wide for LV - they can't necessarily resell the bags then.

It's always bothered me too when I see posts about people returning bags used for several weeks because I worry that I would get a "used" bag, so I'm glad for any new policy that might cut down on that. While I know it's hard, I do think it's better to research a purchase carefully before buying rather than buying, using and returning, so I don't mind the new policy.

I have had to do it on everything since December (3 items) in the boutique. I think it's a new policy (possibly because people are buying bags, using them and then trying to return them). I imagine this is very expensive company-wide for LV - they can't necessarily resell the bags then.

It's always bothered me too when I see posts about people returning bags used for several weeks because I worry that I would get a "used" bag, so I'm glad for any new policy that might cut down on that. While I know it's hard, I do think it's better to research a purchase carefully before buying rather than buying, using and returning, so I don't mind the new policy.

agree!